• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

monstermash84

monstermash84
  • Forum User
  • 339 posts
  • Paul
  • Chesterfield
@Richard Burns gear selector probably needs greasing mine did at the 60k go on youtube type in st180 gear sticking there's a tutorial it's not a massive job 2 or 3 hours depending on your skills or an hour or so on ramp with a qualified mechanic you can try pulling the gear gator console off it clips easy enough and spry grease or oil the ball joint and lube the selector cables there too all the grease drys up then causes sticking if that doesn't help it's underneath but as I said it's nor a massive job after 06 they changed it to a coper bush early ones were nylon they get warm and dry out so ford say but I did mine it's mint now no more tight gears or sticing in gear
  • Richard Burns likes this

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23049 posts

@Richard Burns gear selector probably needs greasing mine did at the 60k go on youtube type in st180 gear sticking there's a tutorial it's not a massive job 2 or 3 hours depending on your skills or an hour or so on ramp with a qualified mechanic you can try pulling the gear gator console off it clips easy enough and spry grease or oil the ball joint and lube the selector cables there too all the grease drys up then causes sticking if that doesn't help it's underneath but as I said it's nor a massive job after 06 they changed it to a coper bush early ones were nylon they get warm and dry out so ford say but I did mine it's mint now no more tight gears or sticing in gear

You mean ST150?

monstermash84

monstermash84
  • Forum User
  • 339 posts
  • Paul
  • Chesterfield
No the ecoboost 180 it had an st badge on it and I know of the car he's local it pulled 187bhp on nobles rolling road I know this as my mate worked there when it was run its got cat back and panel filter it has front and rear st badges so I'm guessing st180 and I wasn't far behind him bare in mind they have 6 gears not five we got to main roundabout in derby and I got off the light's quicker then we played chase all the way to matlock. I Own a 400+ s15 buddy and you get on a country road with a 200bhp car in front and if they can pedal overtaking isn't easy unless you can see through trees Im not saying I won but was fun for half the price

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23049 posts
ST180 is the Mk7, he is talking about a Mk6, known also as the ST150.
  • monstermash84 likes this

monstermash84

monstermash84
  • Forum User
  • 339 posts
  • Paul
  • Chesterfield
I know

monstermash84

monstermash84
  • Forum User
  • 339 posts
  • Paul
  • Chesterfield
Just noticed my mistake it's 150 yes but search at sticking in gear it will come up with the video as the mk 7 doesn't have that issue as far as I'm aware

Richard Burns

Richard Burns
  • Club Member
  • 2 posts

Alright dudes, took the Fezzy for an 80 mile run around South Yorkshire yesterday, gear change and clutch a bit stiff to start but once warmed up seamless, never had it past 3 thou revs, honest! But plenty of power to take a gap when needed, went on motorway, A roads and country roads, got it filthy so spent all aft today cleaning and polishing in and out, changed rear indicater bulbs as orange paint flaking off and starting to show white, only mods planned so far are an ST badge for front grill, red Ford dust caps and ST owners club stickers for rear windows, ill put a photo on once i have figured out how to do it!

• Laurencest159 likes this

wilharris

wilharris
  • Club Member
  • 3 posts

Quick question if someone knows the answer!  Looking at a MK6 and am noticing that the ST badge on the back of some cars is silver with a red inlay, and some are silver with a white inlay.  Were these changed as standard between model years, or aftermarket?

jase_llan

jase_llan
  • Club Member
  • 1111 posts

@wilharris standard is silver with the red inlay, anything else is aftermarket - DMB Graphics are one of the main suppliers, they are just overlays that are removable.

wilharris

wilharris
  • Club Member
  • 3 posts

Thanks Jason!

• jase_llan likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mk6, buy, buying, ST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users