Buying a Mk6 ST?

mk6 buy buying ST

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

forster1993

forster1993
  • Forum User
  • 208 posts
Mine aren't the felt liners... It doesnt rust at the top of the arch like the mk5s and pumas, it's at the bottom of the arch

keego999

keego999
  • Forum User
  • 11 posts
  • Keegan
  • South Shields
Great post will definatly have to reference to this when looking at ST's, thanks
  • AMc and Panos Sparsis like this

Darr3nL33

Darr3nL33
  • Forum User
  • 72 posts
  • Darren
  • Maidstone, Kent
Great info on here. Will be changing my power steering fluid when I get a chance cos it's abit black.

ovo

ovo
  • Forum User
  • 404 posts
  • Will
  • Sunny Worthing
Nice useful thread man :nice:

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23049 posts

Great post will definatly have to reference to this when looking at ST's, thanks

Great info on here. Will be changing my power steering fluid when I get a chance cos it's abit black.

Nice useful thread man :nice:

No worries guys :) Just thought it would be a good idea to "centralise" some info and put some links in to other useful threads by others so they're easier to find.
  • Barry Michaels likes this

Psymon91

Psymon91
  • Forum User
  • 1 posts
I'm looking to buy a Fiesta ST very soon. Is there any diagnostic tools out there for the ST to help me along the way?
  • R60LOS likes this

tom_609

tom_609
  • Forum User
  • 51 posts
  • Tom
  • Hertfordshire
Thanks for linking me to this Alec!

Very helpful stuff and given me a few things to watch out for whilst out hunting :thumbsup:

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23049 posts

I'm looking to buy a Fiesta ST very soon. Is there any diagnostic tools out there for the ST to help me along the way?

Domster! Bought this the other day, ELM 327 - http://www.ebay.co.u...lm 327&_sacat=0

He says it is very good for the price :) You install software onto your laptop and then plug the unit into your car port and then into a USB drive on your laptop and fire up the software...

Thanks for linking me to this Alec!

Very helpful stuff and given me a few things to watch out for whilst out hunting :thumbsup:

No worries, there will be the obvious "every car" stuff to look out for, i.e. tyre wear/same make all round etc... But I have listed as much as I can think of specific to the ST :)

tom_609

tom_609
  • Forum User
  • 51 posts
  • Tom
  • Hertfordshire

No worries, there will be the obvious "every car" stuff to look out for, i.e. tyre wear/same make all round etc... But I have listed as much as I can think of specific to the ST :)

Yup, I'll keep an eye out for the usual stuff. Usually cover myself quite well but like you said, specific stuff and knowledge can help a lot! Thanks again :biggrin:

royster

royster
  • Forum User
  • 262 posts
  • Roy
  • Basingstoke, Hampshire
Thanks for the advice on this guys.....

Looking to get my first ST in the next few weeks, not sure whether to go for a Red or PB one though... Hmm decisions, decisions.

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23049 posts

Thanks for the advice on this guys.....

Looking to get my first ST in the next few weeks, not sure whether to go for a Red or PB one though... Hmm decisions, decisions.

Don't let the colour be the deciding factor. The red on the ST's holds up well and I haven't seen a single one suffering from fade like Vauxhalls etc...turning pink.

Base your choice on the condition of the vehicle, mileage, service history, extras (if you like them)... etc.

Colour is just a colour... a worn engine is a whole different ball game.
  • john stewart and Cosy17 like this

Skimmy237

Skimmy237
  • Forum User
  • 4 posts
I'm hopefully going to get a 56 plate st this week, great guide guys will give the car a good look over

toptinker

toptinker
  • Club Member
  • 972 posts
my st i still for sale on here , carnt believe had no takers

Attached Files

acmilan1990

acmilan1990
  • Forum User
  • 29 posts
  • AMZ
  • west london
im looking for an st and one has come up very local to me. Its a 2008 plate with just 32k on clock and it was originally listed at 5k but its been on around a month and the seller has dropped it to 4250...may have a look...its just in blue though got my car set on frozen white...its just that their isnt many st's near my way.

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23049 posts

im looking for an st and one has come up very local to me. Its a 2008 plate with just 32k on clock and it was originally listed at 5k but its been on around a month and the seller has dropped it to 4250...may have a look...its just in blue though got my car set on frozen white...its just that their isnt many st's near my way.

If you can hold on and wait for a white one to come up local, or are prepared to travel to view/buy one, then wait... If you think you like the blue one after seeing it, then go for it.

Colour is just that at the end of the day, the cars are all the "same" otherwise, in terms of how they feel and drive (modifications aside).

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mk6, buy, buying, ST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users