mk6 buy buying ST

• Please log in to reply
144 replies to this topic

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23049 posts

This fits the title but dunno wether it's the right place..... Looking to buy a st my 6 this week the car is up for£2500 with 60k on the clock it is one of the early facelift models 05 plate, was wondering where I'd be able to find a history or if anyone had come across the car as its listed as cat d for vandalism (sunroof and wide Windows's were put through! Unsure as to wether such damage is enough to make it a catd and where is the best place to find a good reliable history for the car.

Et05wbw is the plate

You can do the HPI checks and all those usual ones, will tell you if it's been written off/stolen etc...

As for who's it was, not sure, not seen that plate on this site.

It could be a Cat D, if they got it repaired through insurance... But seeing as it was only windows which were smashed in an act of vandalism I would hardly say it is anything to walk away from!! Only need to be wary about Cat D's when it is something like crash damage which has been repaired, even then Cat D's are usually quite alright to buy as they are only light damage, Cat C's are the ones which need a bit more caution.

mickyb85

mickyb85
  • Forum User
  • 34 posts
Cheers Alec!
Just sent alarm bells ringing really as its a 05 facelift model with 60k on the clock and only wanting 2500!! If is sounds to good to be true and all that! Might see about getting a aa inspection done on the car and see if it comes back with anything before i take the plunge

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23049 posts
Older models don't really go for that much these days... Mine is an 05 Pre facelift with over 90k miles on the clock... I'd be lucky to get £2.5k for mine :lol:

Mufcmad

Mufcmad
  • Forum User
  • 26 posts

Another thing to look out for:

Heated front window - make sure it works, a lot of them only have a small portion working i.e. just the drivers side

Why does this happen, how do you fix it?

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23049 posts

Why does this happen, how do you fix it?

Magic... Not sure to be honest, I think the filaments in the glass just "go" and don't work anymore. It isn't a major issue...a heated front screen is only a "nice to have" not a "need".

But if it doesn't work, it is a good thing to notice before you buy so you can haggle the price due to it :nice:

To fix it, you need a replacement windscreen.

ChrissyMk6

ChrissyMk6
  • Forum User
  • 1007 posts
And I've heard they aren't cheap!

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23049 posts

And I've heard they aren't cheap!

Something like £650... If I remember correctly?

However! If you have windscreen cover as part of your insurance...it's free :nice:

But you might need a chip too big to repair/a crack in the screen for windscreen insurance to do the job??

Cojack

Cojack
  • Forum User
  • 1670 posts
  • South Central
In response to a previous comment, the 500s don't all have the DAB if any....They all come standard with the Sony system as did all the facelifts I believe but not DAB.

Hinchy

Hinchy
  • Forum User
  • 1389 posts
  • Scott
  • Blaenau Gwent
Mine will be up for sale in the classifieds section soon guys, selling it CHEAP because I now have an MK7 ST and a company car. So no room for the MK6 unfortunately
  • royster likes this

BryRS

BryRS
  • Forum User
  • 10 posts
Thanks for the info guys, going to look at a 56reg with 33k tomorrow for my son hope it's a good one.

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23049 posts

Thanks for the info guys, going to look at a 56reg with 33k tomorrow for my son hope it's a good one.

No worries, good luck, hope it's a good one!
  • gazza-st150 likes this

BryRS

BryRS
  • Forum User
  • 10 posts

No worries, good luck, hope it's a good one!

Hope so Posted Image
I'm MR GROUP BRY btw sponsor on Focusrsoc and Stoc.

BryRS

BryRS
  • Forum User
  • 10 posts
It wasn't a good one so if anyone knows of a good one max £4,5k around Yorkshire please let me know.

Dan Santhems

Dan Santhems
  • Forum User
  • 717 posts
  • Derbyshire
Cheers for the info, but regarding the clicking mirrors, does this mean they are on the way out? Or is it normal?

Allan

Allan
  • Club Member
  • 2619 posts
  • Scottish Borders
I have just deleted a couple of 'classified' ads. Please don't use this topic as a sales and wants one. It would be a pity if it had to get locked.
  • AMc likes this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mk6, buy, buying, ST

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users