just arrived at Ford Fair... - Club Feedback & Suggestions - Fiesta ST Owners Club

just arrived at Ford Fair...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
131 replies to this topic

LeishyST

LeishyST
  • Forum User
  • 104 posts
  • Eleisha
  • Northwich
Who's clever idea was it to line a row of fiesta's up facing a grass verge with no doubt another row of cars right in top of them?!! No point even bothering to make the car look decent because no one is going to see it. Stand is already a let down this year and its only 8.52am!

Edited by LeishyST, 11 August 2013 - 07:53.

• Burty, stevegoodwin and joeyst like this

AdamST2

AdamST2

Mr Angry

• Forum User
  • 5315 posts
Oh dear lol

LeishyST

LeishyST
  • Forum User
  • 104 posts
  • Eleisha
  • Northwich
Absolute shambles.

AdamST2

AdamST2

Mr Angry

• Forum User
  • 5315 posts
Any pics?

LeishyST

LeishyST
  • Forum User
  • 104 posts
  • Eleisha
  • Northwich
Will get one when I can be bothered to go back. Got some on my camera which is obviously no use right now.

GandalfST

GandalfST
  • Forum User
  • 1341 posts
tut tut

LeishyST

LeishyST
  • Forum User
  • 104 posts
  • Eleisha
  • Northwich
Pointless way of parking the cars. No space in front of the cars to walk past the front without being up the grass verge. Why they couldn't be facing into the other cars or back to back with the centre row I don't know. Half of the cars were gone by 12/1pm off the back row so it just looked like an empty car park. There was 0 organisation on that side of the stand it seems.

Attached Files

Edited by LeishyST, 11 August 2013 - 16:36.

• goatlamb likes this

Rich

Rich
  • Club Member
  • 3313 posts
  • Rich
  • Louth, Lincolnshire
Guys/girls I am really sorry about that.

I had to reorganise the stand at the last minute (FocusRSOC were supposed to be where you guys ended up but part of the area was given to another club and they just would not have fitted).

I assumed there would be Staff helping to organise your strand.

Thanks to the members that helped out.

Sorry again.

LauraMC86

LauraMC86
  • Forum User
  • 1628 posts
I think yarde deserves credit for parking the front 2 rows up, not what he expected to be doing when he arrived
  • ICEMAN ST 07, smurfette, Yarde and 2 others like this

Rich

Rich
  • Club Member
  • 3313 posts
  • Rich
  • Louth, Lincolnshire
Yes very true, I have personally thanks the members involved.
  • Luke likes this

LeishyST

LeishyST
  • Forum User
  • 104 posts
  • Eleisha
  • Northwich
If it was members that did it then well done for them for it but it just seemed like the fiestas were dumped on the edge with not a member of staff in miles.

st07

st07
  • Forum User
  • 5285 posts
must admit that does look odd - cars facing each other is the tradition but then if no staff were around... ?

Yarde

Yarde
  • Club Member
  • 4355 posts
Right, I'm not having a go at anyone here, but I just want to clear the air. Myself and a few other members arrived earlier than expected, and just milled around moving as requested until we were placed on the stand. The Focus RS, ST and Mondeo staff all had their hands full with the 150 FocusRS, 200 Focus ST and however many Mondeo's arriving. As time passed on, NO Fiesta staff arrived. NONE. Myself, Tetsumi and Conrad took it upon ourselves to organise the stand, being right at the entrance, someone had to do something as it was causing chaos.

We got the first two rows parked fine, but then we just had an influx of cars started parking the back row like this. I can only fully and unresevedly apologise to anyone who parked on this row. In hindsight, we should have parked you different yes. But 3 average joe club MEMBERS did the best they could, with NO EXPERIENCE in this sort of thing to get everyone parked up and in our allocated bay.

I did the best I could. I apologise again if some people feel hard done by. Both Alan and Rich where fantastic with their help, and they appreciated our efforts. We did the best we could
  • zippy_st, Dave, Rich and 10 others like this

protocol

protocol
  • Forum User
  • 1600 posts
I was one of the ones who got put facing the grass verge. As said above club members and not staff were doing the organising. May be it would of been better if we'd been advised to reverse in but that's in hindsight now. Didn't spoil the day for me anyway.
  • Yarde likes this

Dave

Dave
  • Forum User
  • 4697 posts
  • England
Didn't spoil the day for me either, you guys did a great job, I wasn't going to win any awards anyway so made no odds to me haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users