just arrived at Ford Fair... - Page 3 - Club Feedback & Suggestions - Fiesta ST Owners Club

just arrived at Ford Fair...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
131 replies to this topic

LauraMC86

LauraMC86
  • Forum User
  • 1628 posts

Didn't feel like there were that many Fiesta st on the stand this year. Seemed to be more on other club stands. Think ill be giving next year a miss with the STOC if I go. Think if you have a Focus st or an RS u get looked after.

That was me that passed you at Darlington on Sat Laura at the A66 slip road.

Ah! We saw you parked up aswell at Woodall services I think it's called?

gazzad

gazzad
  • Forum User
  • 138 posts
  • Garry
  • durham

Ah! We saw you parked up aswell at Woodall services I think it's called?

Yeah that was us called in for quick burger and a tub of horrible salty chips. :sick: horrible.

stevegoodwin

stevegoodwin
  • Club Member
  • 804 posts
I'm glad this wasn't my debut at FF with my car finished and hours put into it, the layout was rediculous and members who've spent weeks prepping for FF are the people I feel sorry for. Great initiative for those who took it upon themselves to organise, but by the time you realised you had to sort the mess out it sounds like the pressure was on and you didn't have time to stand back and draw up a plan which took FF itself 4 weeks to sort out.

I won't be on the STOC stand next year if my cars done without seeing where everythings going first, too much money and time has been put in to just 'put baby in the corner' lol

Those that I did see though did an amazing job on their cars and the stand looked really good with all the shiney fez's :biggrin: , I hope to be there next year standing strong with mine too
  • gazzad, Yarde, ovo and 2 others like this

jeSTer

jeSTer
  • Banned
  • 1605 posts
nobody puts baby in a corner.....

when i was walking past the focus ST stand a car had to wait so it wouldn't be parked next to another focus of the same colour! and I couldn't envisage the RS boys getting messed around like like the fez boys either.

get some free tickets for the fiesta members who sorted it. I'm sure there's a couple of spare quid as a token of appreciation. after all, if you go to eat out at a restaurant, you wouldn't expect to pay for a meal that you had to cook yourself!
  • Dave, stevegoodwin and Luke like this

gazzad

gazzad
  • Forum User
  • 138 posts
  • Garry
  • durham
After the way the stand was set out last year it was great so spent even more time getting car ready for Ford Fair. Maybe should have just washed it as the way we were dumped out the way wasn't worth the effort. Last year you could vote for best car on stand none of that this year. As for getting into Silverstone that was just a joke as the marshals were useless. None on main roundabout this year must be more cuts to save money. Enjoyed the show but I think it needs something new. The cars sliding/handbraking into gaps is getting a bit long in the tooth now.
  • Burty, stevegoodwin and LeishyST like this

Yarde

Yarde
  • Club Member
  • 4355 posts

Great initiative for those who took it upon themselves to organise, but by the time you realised you had to sort the mess out it sounds like the pressure was on and you didn't have time to stand back and draw up a plan which took FF itself 4 weeks to sort out.

That was the problem, no one said anything until it was too late. We had half the back row parked up and a load of people waiting. ah well, we live and learn I guess.

Again, I can only apologise to anyone who felt I done them wrong parking them the way I did, I did the best I could :(
  • Luke likes this

stevegoodwin

stevegoodwin
  • Club Member
  • 804 posts

That was the problem, no one said anything until it was too late. We had half the back row parked up and a load of people waiting. ah well, we live and learn I guess.

Again, I can only apologise to anyone who felt I done them wrong parking them the way I did, I did the best I could :(

And again, none of that is your fault you did the best under what should of been pre-planned...after all you'd paid the money to be in a planned spot by FF. I guess next year we should make our own plan just in case and have allocated spaces on a peice of paper, that way who ever gets there knows where they're going and we're all happy before we leave (says steve with no car yet!!) haha

Also does anyone know whos car this was? Had a suggestion its Yarde's...

Posted Image

Edited by stevegoodwin, 12 August 2013 - 10:26.

Luke

Luke
  • Forum User
  • 781 posts

Don't worry, we did do our best and about the last row, you did your best as you were alone and let's face it we didn't realize we would have to be lining cars up in the morning...

smurfette

smurfette

Formerly Snookie

• Forum User
  • 830 posts
i would just like to start by saying thankyou to the boys for parking us up but i dont understand biggest show of year and we have members of fiesta staff on another stand showing there own car i was asked to go on another stand but loyalty comes to mind maybe thats because im old school that said great day meeting up again with old mates and well done to sally for winning her trophy just wondering where 2nd place one has gone ?ive been to ford fair a few years running now but this is the first year i felt left out we were like the outsiders that were not good enough to play with the big boys i like many have spent a small fortune on my car this year it would of been nice to have been parked with the rest of our so called club but hey ho ive renewed my membership but only because of the great friends ive met x
  • Burty, stevegoodwin, gazzad and 4 others like this

Yarde

Yarde
  • Club Member
  • 4355 posts

Also does anyone know whos car this was? Had a suggestion its Yarde's...

http://i1200.photobu...zps71e6dedb.jpg

Eurgh, its that Black & Yellow shed from Newcastle! haha! Thanks for the pic Steve! IF you've got any more I'd love to see them! :D

i would just like to start by saying thankyou to the boys for parking us up but i dont understand biggest show of year and we have members of fiesta staff on another stand showing there own car i was asked to go on another stand but loyalty comes to mind maybe thats because im old school that said great day meeting up again with old mates and well done to sally for winning her trophy just wondering where 2nd place one has gone ?ive been to ford fair a few years running now but this is the first year i felt left out we were like the outsiders that were not good enough to play with the big boys i like many have spent a small fortune on my car this year it would of been nice to have been parked with the rest of our so called club but hey ho ive renewed my membership but only because of the great friends ive met x

Hi Donna! Didn't get a chance to talk to you (I was the Geordie lad in the Maroon hoody and the shorts) but just wanted to say Thank You for being patient whilst we parked you up! Car was looking smashing mind! :D Jim said that there will be a proper announcement of the winners/runners up coming in the next few days on all the FordOC network sites.

gazzad

gazzad
  • Forum User
  • 138 posts
  • Garry
  • durham

Couldn't agree more seeing staff members cars on stands for services and items to buy rubs people up the wrong way. Well done to Yarde for work you done and others Always the Geodies to save the day. Would have come and said hello Yarde but due to the way we were cast over out the way just went and had a good look around the show. But for me that will be my last on the FSTOC stand as doubt ill be renewing membership when its up.
  • smurfette and LeishyST like this

Maverick-ST

Maverick-ST
  • Forum User
  • 4629 posts
there was club staff on the fiesta STOC stand :whistle: i had a offer that i couldnt refuse and checked if it was okk with the other staff members before annoucing
  • stevegoodwin likes this

stevegoodwin

stevegoodwin
  • Club Member
  • 804 posts

Eurgh, its that Black & Yellow shed from Newcastle! haha! Thanks for the pic Steve! IF you've got any more I'd love to see them! :D

No I haven't buddy, but would love to get some next year, I'll be bringing a professional photographer and videographer with me next year so I suggest that the convoy up should be filmed in HD as well as peoples comments and journeys up there. Would be great to get GoPro's in peoples cars to record commentry and put a really good video togeather as well as the pics from the day.

The things I do for you lovely people :)
  • Yarde likes this

smurfette

smurfette

Formerly Snookie

• Forum User
  • 830 posts
obviously i need to go to specsavers cause there is something wrong with my eyes i didnt realise that yarde and the boys were club staff so congrats to you for getting a new job x
  • Dave, Burty, stevegoodwin and 2 others like this

Maverick-ST

Maverick-ST
  • Forum User
  • 4629 posts

obviously i need to go to specsavers cause there is something wrong with my eyes i didnt realise that yarde and the boys were club staff so congrats to you for getting a new job x

We you must need to tbh, there was a member off club staff on stand which i spotted first thing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users