Stopping thread topic. - Page 4 - Club Feedback & Suggestions - Fiesta ST Owners Club

Stopping thread topic.

• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

Yarde

Yarde
  • Club Member
  • 4355 posts
Can I just take the time to say thank you to the people that defended my decision making. Its the first time I've been to Ford Fair, let alone park a stand. I had no idea what to do or what it looked like. I made the decision to help for the good of the stand, otherwise it WOULD have been a lot worse. I also want to say thank you to Tetsumi and Conrad for putting up with me when I roped them in to help by basically pointing cars at them and telling them to follow him!

Imagine the situation, you've got the first two rows parked up and looking great, and then you've got to sort the next two rows, Rich openly admitted to me at the end, the worse thing about parking stands is getting the first two cars right, after that, people can work it out. So, Rich parked me on the far right corner (looking face on at the stand) and the silver ST next to me, from there, we worked it out.

Once the two rows at the front were parked, we had to sort the back rows, or the now legendary, "grass row". I made a decision, yes, in hindsight, it was the wrong decision, I get that, but isn't hindsight a wonderful thing?!

Try making a decision that quickly when a LOT of Fiesta's are turning up very quickly! And then the rules of not parking two of the same colours together. I was trying to coordinate receiving the Fiesta's entering from the marshals, parking the cars up on the stand, and having some cars in a holding "pen" whilst waiting for a different colour to turn up (damn you Perf Blue people!) Also, massively thank you to everyone who waited patiently for me when I said to them "just ditch your car over there for a minute until another colour comes".

I'm beyond apologising now, I've done it a few times now after feeling initially bad, but since I've made my decisions on the day, justified it and thats that. THe past is the past.

We learn from our mistakes, and I for one, will be returning to Ford Fair next year with the network, the only reason i'll not be on the FiestaSTOC stand is if things go my way employment/finance wise and I'll be on the FocusRSOC stand. Did not tar my experience one bit. "But you were on the front row facing the right way" I hear you cry, yes, I might not be so forgiving if I was on "grass row", but like I've said many times, I did what I could. If anything like this was to happen again, I might just sit back and see what happens / if anyone different would step up and have to make the judgement calls I made. Actually, no, I wouldn't, I'm not that kind of person, I'd happily jump in again and help out.

As for being "out the way and forgotten about", that is not the network's fault, or so I'm lead to believe. I believe there was a last might stand reshuffle by the Ford Fair organisers, meaning that FiestaSTOC ended up in Zone 6, instead of Zone 5 with the rest of the clubs in the network. This is not the fault of the FocusST/RS or Mondeo staff. The next point, there seems to be a lot of opinions that we were "forgotten about" because we were just "Fiesta's". Not true. As already stated, the staff of each club are expected to help, for one reason or another, this didn't happen for FiestaSTOC, things happen. Take Stason for example, FiestaSTOC will not pay his mortgage or put food on his table, he had to sacrifice an event which no doubt he was looking forward to for most of the year, just like the rest of us. But had to stay at work and miss the event. Kudos to you Stason, I know I'd do the same in your situation.

As for the club staff of the other stand, "why didn't think help the Fiesta lot?". Well, the figures I heard floating around where, FocusSTOC was expecting 200 cars, Focus RS expecting 150 cars and I didn't hear a number for MondeoSTOC. Yes, there was more staff present, because they had a lot more cars to park up (I believe FiestaSTOC was expecting 80 cars).

All in all, I've said my piece.
  • sme101, AMc, Martin C and 2 others like this

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23050 posts
Yarde, :bow: If that doesn't end it all, nothing will.

Dave

Dave
  • Forum User
  • 4697 posts
  • England
You weren't part of ford fair unless you were part of the 'grass row'
  • STar1986, jeSTer, Luke and 2 others like this

sme101

sme101
  • Club Member
  • 6722 posts
Not once while i was there did i think anything untoward of the "grass row". I managed to walk up and down every row on the stand and saw everyone's car fine...

jeSTer

jeSTer
  • Banned
  • 1605 posts
'grass row' is the new cool gang! I wish I was on it now
  • Dave and Cojack like this

sme101

sme101
  • Club Member
  • 6722 posts
i hear they're getting t-shirts made up as we speak...

MonsterST

MonsterST
  • Forum User
  • 3188 posts
Yarde don't apologise you did nothing wrong but help!! The stand looked amazing!!
  • Yarde and Martin C like this

Stason

Stason
  • Club Member
  • 1375 posts
  • Essex

Well that's fair enough but you people want or choose to be staff so are there to take flack. Obviously if that happens then those members just shut the thread down. Its great people saying should have asked but there were no staff to ask. How last year could be organised so well then to a shambles as bad as this.

we have quite a lot of veteran staff members resign their position over the past 6 months and then there are people like me who are new fill positions, completely new to the role and still learning.

Ford Fair would of been the first show i would of attended with FiestaSTOC and club network.

i'm still learning as i'm going a long trying my best to make sure everyone is happy settled and welcome.

we are not yet an effective team.
  • Steve and Yarde like this

jeSTer

jeSTer
  • Banned
  • 1605 posts
my advice would be to be a little more accepting stason and less keen to impress the other red coats, maybe a little more objective as oppose to subjective. please don't take this advice the wrong way

Edited by jeSTer, 13 August 2013 - 19:56.

Allan

Allan
  • Club Member
  • 2619 posts
  • Scottish Borders
Guys. Mistakes were made. We all know this. The staff will take measures to make sure it doesn't happen again.

I can see no advantage in making personal attacks on particular members. Do you not think it's time to stop the mud slinging?

BTW Regards where the Fiesta stand was. This decision was purely down to the size of that particular piece of tarmac. Too small for Focus ST and Focus RS. Too big for the Mondeos. But just right for the number of Fiesta's that were expected.
  • LauraMC86, Yarde, Martin C and 2 others like this

Yarde

Yarde
  • Club Member
  • 4355 posts

Do you not think it's time to stop the mud slinging?

Here here old chap!

I did like you're beard btw! ;)
  • Luke likes this

Allan

Allan
  • Club Member
  • 2619 posts
  • Scottish Borders

Here here old chap!

I did like you're beard btw! ;)

Thanks............I think :lol:
  • Yarde likes this

Rich

Rich
  • Club Member
  • 3313 posts
  • Rich
  • Louth, Lincolnshire
Come on guys, were has the love gone.

I honestly do not know how many times we can say sorry, personally I am gutted, ultimately the layout of the cars and the organisation of them is my responsibility, no one else's . I am the one at fault and the one that should shoulder the majority of the blame. I take some credit when we win awards, I should be expected to take some flack when we :censored: up.

The last topic was closed because I felt it was getting personal against one or two Staff members, but regardless of what they did or did not do, I should have been aware of it and sorted it.

The only show I attend and organise is Ford Fair, there is no excuse for me getting it so wrong.

Lay off the other guys and girls please.
  • Jon, Yarde, AMc and 1 other like this

Si

Si
  • Forum User
  • 6496 posts
  • Blackpool
'Verge-gate scandal' t-shirts will be out by the end of the week :)

Posted Image
  • AdamST2, Dave, Steve and 6 others like this

GINNS

GINNS
  • Forum User
  • 1335 posts
  • Tom
  • Northamptonshire
Realistically I think people are making a way bigger deal out of this than what is necessary. Yarde etc did a good job of organising and helping out, but he didn't have to, they just tried to show some organisation. As for people who had to park near some grass, really? I mean really? Who cares? I'd park round the back by the bins if there was no space left lol, I really don't care. What's the big deal, are you that bothered about members of the public looking at your cars? We drive fiesta's not Ferraris, the harsh reality is most other 'ford fair goers' aren't even that interested in a MK6 with black plastics, eibachs and a K&N filter, why would they be? There's hundreds of cars there with INDENTICAL mods, once you've seen a few you get the jist and move onto another club stand. I cant count the amount of focus st's I seen with random exhausts and black wheels! Did I stop and stare meticulously at each one? No, I just walked past a few of them, had a look, then moved on, just the same as everyone else would do. Just imagine if you tried to explain this situation to a work colleague or family member. What would they say? probably just laugh at how seriously you've taken it. In fact, i'd recommend you do just that, tomorrow ask someone not STOC related and see what they say, I guarantee they'll just shrug their shoulders and laugh! that should help put this whole petty argument in perspective. It really isn't a big deal at all, its only an online car club after all folks! :)

Edited by GINNS, 13 August 2013 - 20:30.

• ant_s, LauraMC86, AMc and 2 others like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users