How To Upload Photos to your comments - Ask the Staff | Forum Issues - Fiesta ST Owners Club

How To Upload Photos to your comments

how to upload photos how to upload photos your comments pics pictures

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23139 posts

This question gets asked quite often, so I thought I would create this little guide to help you guys out...

When typing a comment and you want to put in a picture of your own, there are a few ways to go about it.

A) Using the club websites own Attachment Uploader
B) Pasting an image from the web

A) Using the club websites own Attachment Uploader;

1. When typing a comment/reply in the bottom right hand corner there is the "Post" and "More Reply Options" buttons. Click on "More Reply Options"
Attached File  more reply.jpg   50.4KB   3 downloads

2. A new page will now be open, which is basically a larger editing screen for your comment.
Attached File  2 screen.jpg   52.38KB   3 downloads

3. Type out your comment as usual.
Attached File  3 comment.jpg   26.46KB   2 downloads

4. To attach a photo, scroll down and there is a large paper clip icon with the words "Attach Files" next to it. Click on the "Choose Files..." button.
Attached File  4 upload icon.jpg   61.1KB   3 downloads

5. A pop up window will open, which will give you access to your computers files. Browse and find the picture(s) you want, select them and click "Okay". (You can do up to 10 in 1 go, so if you want to upload 20 pictures, you will need to choose 10, let them load and then click on the button again and select the other 10)
Attached File  5 pop up.jpg   81.45KB   3 downloads

6. The pop up will disappear and you will see the images you selected being uploaded.
Attached File  6 being uploaded.jpg   39.88KB   4 downloads

7. You can either leave it at that, and click "Post"... this will put all those images at the bottom of your post. OR You can click in your comment where you would like to insert and image and then click "Add to Post" by the relevant image.
Attached File  7 place.jpg   79.19KB   4 downloads

8. To check what it looks like before you post, you can click on "Preview Post" and it will appear in the section above where you are typing.
Attached File  8 preview.jpg   58.21KB   7 downloads Attached File  9 post preview.jpg   103.38KB   7 downloads

9. If you're happy just click on "Add Reply" at the bottom of the screen.
Attached File  10 add reply.jpg   39.79KB   8 downloads

NOTE: There are file size limits on this site for this feature, so if you get an error message saying they're too large/or similar, you will need to cancel, resize your images and upload them again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

B) Pasting an image from the web;

Simply copy the image and then paste it into you comment. Some images won't work and an error message will appear when you go to add the reply, saying that the file extension is not allowed on this site.

Allowable file extensions for images - gif,jpeg,jpg,png

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Courtesy of Dan6290, here is a link to how to upload photos when using a mobile device; http://www.fiestasto...age__hl__mobile

And - Pictures being rotated issue; http://www.fiestasto...s-in-the-forum/

Attached Files

• Rich, Brett Lewis, 340bhp and 1 other like this

Rich

Rich
  • Club Member
  • 3313 posts
  • Rich
  • Louth, Lincolnshire
Excellent guide Alec, thank you for taking the time to do this

B) Pasting an image from the web;

Simply copy the image and then paste it into you comment. Some images won't work and an error message will appear when you go to add the reply, saying that the file extension is not allowed on this site.

Allowable file extensions for images - gif,jpeg,jpg,png
  • AMc likes this

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23139 posts

Excellent guide Alec, thank you for taking the time to do this

No worries, only took 10 mins :)

Should help reduce the amount of times the question is asked, if people have a look around first that is! If not, is just a case of linking them to this thread.

Cheers for your info on 'pasting from the web', have added it in :thumbsup:

rgodri1

rgodri1
  • Forum User
  • 65 posts
Attached File  P1040756.JPG   196.74KB   6 downloadsAttached File  007.JPG   75.01KB   4 downloads
Just giving it a try for the first time...!!!
It works.

Edited by rgodri1, 07 January 2014 - 17:19.

Rich

Rich
  • Club Member
  • 3313 posts
  • Rich
  • Louth, Lincolnshire
Nearly.

If you see an attached thumbnail in your post it means you have forgotten to add it to the post once uploaded :yep:

AMc

AMc

'Mk7 Noob'

• Club Staff
  • 23139 posts
As Rich has said, you have uploaded the image, but not clicked on 'Add to Post'. Adding to post means you can write a bit of text specific to an image and then add that image next to/under that text...

If you just leave them uploaded and don't add to post, then you'll just have a whole load of images at the bottom of your post in that "Attached Thumbnails" box.

rgodri1

rgodri1
  • Forum User
  • 65 posts
Thanks

MattPinkney

MattPinkney
  • Forum User
  • 113 posts
What the best way to shrink you photo to be able to put a display photo up, the last time I managed it photo lost the quality?

-Craig-

-Craig-
  • Forum User
  • 365 posts
Just testing :)

Posted Image

Edited by -Craig-, 21 February 2014 - 08:38.

sme101

sme101
  • Club Member
  • 6722 posts
Posted Image

Good Golly Gumdrops, it works!

Hood

Hood
  • Forum User
  • 316 posts
  • Andrew
  • Bedworth
Test

PeterBrace

PeterBrace
  • Forum User
  • 1299 posts
Not sure if it is the result of IOS8, but I am unable to upload photos to the sire from my iPad today. After selecting the image then selecting attach it try's to upload then the choose button disappears and the attach button no longer works.

Rich

Rich
  • Club Member
  • 3313 posts
  • Rich
  • Louth, Lincolnshire

Not sure if it is the result of IOS8, but I am unable to upload photos to the sire from my iPad today. After selecting the image then selecting attach it try's to upload then the choose button disappears and the attach button no longer works.

Yes this is an iOS8 bug, not our fault this time

michael24

michael24
  • Forum User
  • 147 posts
IMG_20141227_171715.jpg
It works there but not when I upload as a profile picture

Clive

Clive
  • Administrator
  • 762 posts

It works there but not when I upload as a profile picture

Would you like it as your Profile picture MIchael ? 

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: how to upload photos, how, to, upload, photos, your, comments, pics, pictures

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users