Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all

i'll be soon fitting my new 16x7 wheels to my st, only thing is tyres. as far as im informed my options are

205x45 or 195x40

205x45 are whats fitted to the euro spec st's with 16" wheels and give the added bonus of leaving your speedo pretty much the same as 17" with std tyres.

anyone have the thinner profile?

please post your opinions up and if you could, the make of tyres your using on that profile

thanks for the help,

Dave

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
Personally I would run 195/45's

As lower Pofile's look better but are a little harsher Etc.So It's up to you really....

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Personally I would run 195/45's

As lower Pofile's look better but are a little harsher Etc.So It's up to you really....
yeah i think i'll be on 45. been speaking to matt about what hes got. ride in his it much better than mine and weve the same bushes, coilovers, spacers.

205 might keep my wheels a bit safer i guess

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
40/45 Tyre Profile on lowered Suspension Is harsh I find,But If you've experienced them then you'll know.

You dont want the Wheel's getting swallowed up by the Tyre's and making them look small.Get 45's or even 40's

·
Registered
368 Posts
Whats your offset dave? if its quite high try running 205/40/16, if its low then either a 195/40 or 45. Im running 195/45 yoko s drives and there is a surprising amount of grip

1 - 5 of 5 Posts