Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having a look to see if there was any more news on the new Ford Fiesta ST and can across this little video of it on the ring have to say it looks pretty quick nippy and grippy through the corners.

What's your verdics fellow ST'ers is it gonna be worth while and the wait?

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
it looks like it grips really well round corners. looks pretty cool aswell cant wait for them to come out

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
you can hear the ecoboost/turbo as it has a real sucking in air sound, i think it was that. hard to tell as other cars in the vid.

still looks impressive. just want to see how it will actually look now. if i think my ZS handled better than my ST for lot less money then the ST should be a great car to drive. Wish Ford would just show us how it will look

·
Registered
559 Posts
In this video it says that the car will have 170bhp. Hm..a bit low but for a start it's okej. Looks sharp aswell. Bodyroll is minimum. I like.

also that it will be probably presented in septembre, the sell will start in 2012.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Wonder what the exhaust set up will be, seem t being it more now with just twin exhaust like the mountune style. Hope they go for 2 separate exhausts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Doesnt look like a 170bhp 1600 to me, seems a lot stronger than that.
i wouldn't be surprised if it came with 170bhp standard. Ford never was very insane with the power(on the ST models) but more focused in driving feeling, car response, stability, etc. Even with 170bhp it will be a better car compared to the current ST. Looks well balanced and far more stiff. The 170bhp is a good start too; with a good exhaust, downpipe and ecu you can hit 200bhp mark easily. And that sort of power in a car that weights around 1000kg is a lot of fun.

I just hope that is will come with some good brake kit. The current ST's brakes are not very good. Also the gearbox is a bit cheep. Oh, and some Recaros would be fantastic.

But remember; this is the ST model so no hard core car is expected. Clio RS will be a better drivers car anyday, but if you compare the new ST to polo GTI, Ibiza Cupra and Fabia RS, i think, the ST will be a winner.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Unfortunately I reckon the engine will sound terrifically dull in the cabin, even with a little whistling turbo noise mixed in.

I doubt the redline will be much more than 7000rpm... lame.

·
<3 Blue
4,183 Posts
Doesnt look like a 170bhp 1600 to me, seems a lot stronger than that.
i wouldn't be surprised if it came with 170bhp standard. Ford never was very insane with the power(on the ST models) but more focused in driving feeling, car response, stability, etc. Even with 170bhp it will be a better car compared to the current ST. Looks well balanced and far more stiff. The 170bhp is a good start too; with a good exhaust, downpipe and ecu you can hit 200bhp mark easily. And that sort of power in a car that weights around 1000kg is a lot of fun.

[/quote]

The figures I've heard about suggest 200 bhp which will be stunning on such a light car...........my order is already in...can't wait!

·
Registered
559 Posts
Unfortunately I reckon the engine will sound terrifically dull in the cabin, even with a little whistling turbo noise mixed in.

Tell me 4 stock turbo cars that are runing more that 7000rpm. ?! Can YOU be more objective? It's not a honda! Also, take a wider look. All car trend is in turbocharged engines. Because you can use smaller engine to generate more power. They are cheep to make and the range of torque and power is set to satisfy regular drivers and others, more fast'ish drivers.

This are sad times. I think the only engine is na NA engine. A good 2.0 engine, like in the S2000 or a good v6 engine in Golf r32 or a wilde V8 engine in the RS4, will be always better and driver focused compared to a 2.0TFSI engine that you can find in a golf R, Megane RS, Focus RS, Focus RSmk2(okej, 2.5 five cilinders but same stuff..)

·
Registered
9,109 Posts
Does it need a redline much more than 7000rpm? Is the customer usage profile expecting that people will want to have to wring it's neck for peak torque? Probably not. This engine should (and in current applications already does) offer excellent driveability from pretty much anywhere in the rev range, with CO2 and fuel consumption lowered.

This is the way engines are going (which is why the engine in my car and your car have been killed off), however there are neat tricks around to make forced induction sound more interesting.

·
Registered
273 Posts
Liking the look of the new ST but it isn't hugely different to the ZS. I guess there isn't much difference between Mk6 ZS and ST. I'd be tempted by one but thinking about hanging on for the new Focus ST if it's not too pricey!

1 - 20 of 63 Posts