Fiesta ST Forums banner

225/40/18 Tyre Pressure

4K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  Xtreme Fords 
#1 ·
Just put a set on and am wondering if the stock tyre pressures still apply?

#5 ·
You raised the overall gearing by increasing the rolling radius. It would be wise to find out what difference this has made to the speedo and odometer accuracy. Your fuel consumption readouts will be wrong.
To have kept things correct you should have used 225/30/18?

JohnD

#8 ·
For interest, here's Ford's recommended tyre pressures. I note that comparing 17" and 18" wheels the pressures are only changed slightly at the rear for normal load, and are the same for high load.

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Pattern

Take from that what you will as to how you might adjust if you change from a 205/40R18 to a 225/40R18

#10 ·
That's about where mine is set, I can't check as I don't have the car with me. You need to set the TPS for the pressures you drop them to to stop it going off - it's in the settings on the central dash display.

I've ordered some new 17" wheels and will fit the Ford recommended 205/45/17 probably PS5 or Goodyear F1 Asym 6 so it will be interesting to compare the feel of both once they arrive

#15 ·
I put 225/40 R18 on the standard ST wheel for a while but they don't give a great deal more rim protection than the 205 tyre if you are wanting to stop them getting beat up by kerbs maybe try those nylon rim protector strips?

I've got these on mine now and my only answer is be careful
Automotive tire Wheel Alloy wheel Automotive design Hubcap

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.