Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
9,109 Posts
Yeah I agree on the idle front, there is evidence to show that.

But otherwise, I've always seen this as a 'it's bigger so must be better, right?' mod, started out when someone realised it was a straight swap that was relatively cheap at the time.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I thought they had gone up recently hence asking the price elsewhere other than Jamsport.

Thought they used to be around 100.

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
they're like £250 or something stupid, and as everyone seems to sell direct from the manufacturer (Ford) then all of their prices have immediately risen.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Is the throttle body standard on another car? Meaning I could get one cheap on eBay or something? I don't want to pay 200 odd quid for one.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts
Is the throttle body standard on another car? Meaning I could get one cheap on eBay or something? I don't want to pay 200 odd quid for one.
seriously, DONT BOTHER. A tuner will say they are great so you buy it from them and waste your £££££

you will possibly gain 0.25bhp but will lose a few lbs of torque..... not worth it in the slightest.

to answer your question its from a 2.3litre duratec engine, and is standard on a few cars. Not sure how this will make the price different though. Its still the same part number on all cars.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
seriously, DONT BOTHER. A tuner will say they are great so you buy it from them and waste your £££££

you will possibly gain 0.25bhp but will lose a few lbs of torque..... not worth it in the slightest.

to answer your question its from a 2.3litre duratec engine, and is standard on a few cars. Not sure how this will make the price different though. Its still the same part number on all cars.
[/quote]

Meaning i could get one second hand cheap.

Im not going to pay over £100 for one.

·
Registered
3,941 Posts

[/quote]

Meaning i could get one second hand cheap.

Im not going to pay over £100 for one.
[/quote]

well you are not going to get one then until ford drop the price. Its one of the worst bang for buck upgrades... but like sheep following each other around, everyone gets 60mm TB's

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Mikey you are so determined to get one when there is only one person saying they gained a few BHP and the rest saying dont bother.

Lets put it this way i had less torque before i got my 185 kit with 60mmTB, full exhaust and CAIS.

My GF with just a cat back and a K&N got more torque then me.

the thing with the 60mm TB is it is a straight fit and when they came out they were around £50. Then they rose to around £110ish dependent on dealer it seemed. now the are £300+ish again dependent on dealer.

It seems like a good idea bigger better etc etc but me having a better set up then my GF in theory i would have more torque but no i had less now with a 55mm TB i would of had more which was proven at the RR day we were at someone had the same set up as me but the 60mm TB got more torque.

If you are looking into S/C then maybe a 60mm TB will make a difference with the charger.

If you are looking at 200BHP then don't bother you can get 200 easy without it and you will get more torque.

If you are having issues with your idle or not starting properly then maybe look into one.

Otherwise as stated before by a majority of members that have posted it is not worth it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts