Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Fiesta ST-2 Mk8
104 Posts
Hello. Picked up a 8.5 with B&O, looks like the carpet has been cut behind drivers seat to run wiring for B&O amp under passenger seat. This doesn't seem normal!? View attachment 588213
View attachment 588214
View attachment 588215
My Mk8 (Not 8.5) has the exact same cut. I only noticed it after the first time I cleaned it.

I took it back to dealer and they said they'd have to take the whole interior apart to replace the carpet if I wanted it done under warranty.

I have another smaller cut near centre console too.

I don't have B&O though!

·
Registered
Fiesta MK8 ST3 MY2021
501 Posts
It seems they first installed the carpet and then placed the cable, instead of installing the wiring loom first

Reactions: Uncleknobby

·
Super Moderator
24,219 Posts
Might be due to the hold ups on parts. Cars built through the line anyway, stored aside and then bits retrofitted when available. Carpet is on of the first bits that has to go in before the rest of the interior, so makes sense.

I don't think Ford will be honouring any warranty work to remove entire interiors to replace the carpets and I can't see dealerships taking responsibility. So I'd expect to pay for the work if you are that bothered about it.

·
Registered
Fiesta ST-2 Mk8
104 Posts
Might be due to the hold ups on parts. Cars built through the line anyway, stored aside and then bits retrofitted when available. Carpet is on of the first bits that has to go in before the rest of the interior, so makes sense.

I don't think Ford will be honouring any warranty work to remove entire interiors to replace the carpets and I can't see dealerships taking responsibility. So I'd expect to pay for the work if you are that bothered about it.
They were willing to do it for me, but I didn't like the idea of the whole interior being ripped out. Especially as they said it was something they'd never done before!

·
Registered
2,753 Posts

Really? I would expect a new car to be perfect.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I suppose I’ll report back when I eventually see mine, mine was built back in April I think.. it might be a case of a few are like this, if mine looks anything like that rough I’ll be saying something! Makes it look like you’ve taken a knife to the carpet yourself to do something.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Bodging them through the lines then…nice.
No surprise though, they've been giving an ever decreasing amount of care and interest in Fiesta production for quite a while.

Ken is right, a new car should be perfect. But given how disinterested and slapdash production has become if it were me I'd just be grateful I had what I ordered at all right now...

...because the next inevitable kick in the love spuds as we approach the end of this years production run will be the cancellation of all remaining orders completely 👎🏻

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
My Mk8 (Not 8.5) has the exact same cut. I only noticed it after the first time I cleaned it.

I took it back to dealer and they said they'd have to take the whole interior apart to replace the carpet if I wanted it done under warranty.

I have another smaller cut near centre console too.

I don't have B&O though!
Thanks for having a look

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·

I think you hit the nail on the head as per other posts, car built and awaiting parts so retrofitted at factory.

Definitely will not be paying for extra work on a brand new car, will pop down the dealer let them have a look but if that's now the quality standards its not acceptable.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts