Fiesta ST Forums banner
61 - 80 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,599 Posts
@Touching_Cloth

I have read somewhere that suspension modifications were made from 2016 to make it slightly softer, is this true?
If so how would one know if your car was built/registered before or after the alteration
Taken from one of the many articles out there about the ST200...

"It seems there was some concern that the back of the ST was too aggressive, so Ford has stiffened the rear torsion beam by 27%, fitted a thicker front anti-roll bar (21mm instead of 19mm), and recalibrated the steering to match.

These alterations then allowed the engineers to reduce the spring and damper rate by using new front springs and dampers and new rear dampers (using the same springs) making the ST softer, and better able to deal with sudden bumps and camber changes."

As Ford couldnt justify the expense of sending two different chassis setups down the production line, it started to put the suspension changes onto the standard ST last year (apparently from 13/8/15) without telling anyone, as it didnt want to ruin the ST200 surprise. The shorter final drive is unique to the ST200, though.

:nice:

You can find the build date of your car by using the Ford Etis system and your VIN...

https://www.etis.ford.com/

Alternatively, you could ask your dealer to find it for you.

:nice:

·
Premium Member
1,646 Posts
I've put a little bit of information up about front parking sensors on ST's, here; http://fiestab299st.co.uk/parkingsensors

web_frontsensors5-1136x852.jpg

Also, my database is now over 13,200 ST's :wassat: That's a lot of GB's of hard drive space!

Plus, these net-pockets found in the passenger footwell on the side of the centre console, also appear on the ST-1 variant. From 64-plate up to and including 16-plates. The only thing certain with these, is the timeframe they were produced, how and why they made it onto certain cars is still a bit of a mystery.

web_net_pocket-1136x849.jpg

·
Registered
461 Posts
Few little updates, possibly the last, as I believe the MK7 is virtually out of production now?
Yes, I was shopping around for a new ST and all the dealerships were quick to tell me that the Fiesta went out of production in February.

I wonder if someone could explain this to me:

ST Standard
0-60 - 6.9s
31-62, 6.4s

ST200
0-60 - 6.7s
31 - 62, 5.2s
This surely cannot be right, the car cannot accelerate from 0-30 in half a second, right? And the more powerful 200 would be three times as slow to 30?

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
Yes, I was shopping around for a new ST and all the dealerships were quick to tell me that the Fiesta went out of production in February.

I wonder if someone could explain this to me:

This surely cannot be right, the car cannot accelerate from 0-30 in half a second, right? And the more powerful 200 would be three times as slow to 30?
31-62 is a in gear time usually 4th,

·
Registered
247 Posts
Not sure if people are interested, but I ran the car near enough dry (according to the computer) with 8 miles left to empty. Filled to the brim with 45.13 litres. That would indicate the total tank capacity is probably closer to 50L, if it does indeed have some 'emergency capacity' that isn't shown on the fuel gauge.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Trim:-

Initially available in two trim specs, ST1 and ST2, but in 2014 Ford introduced the ST3 due to a significant number of people ticking a lot of the boxes on the options list of the ST2.

ST1

The effective base model, with;

• Cloth Recaro seats
  • Quick Clear heated windscreen
  • Ford branded DAB CD SYNC head unit
  • Non Projector head lights with tungsten DRL's (up until some point in 2015 when they changed to projector light with LED DRL)
  • Key start ignition
  • Manual Air-conditioning

ST2

In addition the ST2 has;

• Heated half leather Recaro seats
  • Sony DAB, CD SYNC head unit
  • Projector Style Head lights with LED DRL's
  • Tinted glass
  • Powerstart button ignition

ST3

The top of the range ST, on top of the ST2 you get;

• Sony CD-Sync-SatNav head unit
  • KeyFree Keyless Entry
  • Cruise Control
  • EATC (climate control)
  • Rain Sensing wipers
  • Auto-dimming Mirror
  • Auto lights
  • Powerfolding mirrors with built in puddle lights

An ongoing poll/thread about trim and colour maybe of interest, don't hesitate to add your own vehicle as and when.

http://www.fiestastoc.com/forums/topic/79006-poll-what-trimcolour-have-people-ordered/

Optional Extras

The ST1 has the options of,

• Ford Sat-Nav
  • Adjustable boot floor
  • Central head rest
  • Space saver spare wheel

The ST2 has all the equipment from the ST3 available as optional extra, ST2s AND ST3s have further options of;

• Parking sensors*
  • Split level boot floor
  • Central rear head rest

*For the majority of cars, this appears to be rear parking sensors, but there is evidence that some ST's have been fitted with front ones too.

Other Extras:-

Style Pack

A fair amount of MK7 ST's come with the Style Pack, thanks to it either being thrown in for free or at a very low cost.

This consists of;

• Red Callipers
  • Illuminated ST Scuff plates
  • Gun metal grey wheels. This is an item that is subject to change for the 2015 cars, illustrated below

Rado Grey

attachicon.gif
Rado Grey.JPG

FItted to models up 2015 (also vehicles post 2015 without style pack)

Rock Grey

attachicon.gif
rock grey.jpg

Fitted to models post 2015, including some '64' plate cars.
I'm not sure about these trims level here in France because I have ordered a (demo) car that is from September 2016 with the following equipment :

• Tinted glass
  • KeyFree Keyless Entry
  • Rain Sensing wipers
  • Auto-dimming Mirror
  • Auto lights

Parking Pack:

• Rear parking sensors

Performance Pack :

• Red Callipers
  • Gun metal grey wheels.

The car is missing : cruise control, satnav, front sensors. So it it something in between ST2 and ST3... ST2.5 ?

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
I'm not sure about these trims level here in France because I have ordered a (demo) car that is from September 2016 with the following equipment :

• Tinted glass
  • KeyFree Keyless Entry
  • Rain Sensing wipers
  • Auto-dimming Mirror
  • Auto lights
Parking Pack:
  • Rear parking sensors
Performance Pack :
  • Red Callipers
  • Gun metal grey wheels.
The car is missing : cruise control, satnav, front sensors. So it it something in between ST2 and ST3... ST2.5 ?
If in France the trim levels were the same as in the UK then you would have a ST2 with the following extra options,

Auto lights, wipers and dimming mirror were together in a pack,
Keyless entry, folding mirrors with puddle lights were the convenience pack,
Spare wheel,
Parking sensors,
Style pack.

The top 5 of your list are all standard on a ST2

·
Registered
63 Posts
I am a little confused on what mark st i have, has it went to mk 7.5 from 2013.
I went on etis and put my reg in, being a 63 plate car i thought it would a 2013 model which would make it a mk 7.5.
It shows up has a 2012 car on there site so how do u tell a mk7 from a mk7.5.

·
Registered
552 Posts
All STs are mk7.5. The main difference you'll see is the front end having the large mouthed grille. Etis will be showing the build date, but the model year is still 2013, it's just that production started earlier to meet predicted demand upon release.

edit: that is to say all mk7 STs are 7.5s.

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
I am a little confused on what mark st i have, has it went to mk 7.5 from 2013.
I went on etis and put my reg in, being a 63 plate car i thought it would a 2013 model which would make it a mk 7.5.
It shows up has a 2012 car on there site so how do u tell a mk7 from a mk7.5.
The fiesta mk7 facelift which is called the mk7.5, happened in 2012, the ST came out in 2013.

Ford don't mk1, mk2 etc they go by production year ranges 2008-2012, 2012-on etc

61 - 80 of 85 Posts