Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new car will be joining my household on Sunday, the missus has order her Smart ForTwo Passion, 2008 reg and has only done 11k miles so its in mint condition and she's really exicted lol, it is her third smart car!!

I drove one of her previous ones and they are suprisingly quick off the mark and quite fun to drive

Anyway heres a couple of pics, she wants me to paint her brake calipers yellow for her

I wonder if there's a supercharger available?? ha ha

Car Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Tire Wheel Automotive parking light Car Land vehicle

Attachments

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I dont think she will throw it about around corners Rick
best watch those gusts of wind though

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
true

She wants me to paint her calipers yellow like yours, did you use hammerite or something else?

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Hey Chris,you want Etech caliper paint...it's a one coat job...you can do 2/3 coats for better results.

Smarts aint my cup of tea but I think this is cool and scary!!! There's a small tuner round by me that has them tuned up (the turbo models) he said they do 120mph!
scary or what!

As long as she's happy dude that's all that matters.

Lee

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah Lee she is very happy and cant wait for Sunday.

I used the E-tech stuff on my calipers so might just buy some off ebay again

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
tbh any paint will do, idont buy into all this "you need such and such", proved the fact doing my brothers in black with a £1 tin from the discount shop. Hammerite will be more than up to the job, and cheaper than that e-tech stuff.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Ricky this is true....

I just found the Etech stuff easier to apply,dried better and looked nicer.

I used hammerite on my to paint them red an it's crap I need to take them off and strip them back..

Maybe on a fresh caliper but i also found it separated when I tried to apply the paint.I cleaned the caliper with brake cleaner and a rag so it's not it wasn't clean.

Maybe it was me having a bad experience but I four the etch caliper paint better...

Lee

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
that truly is the most retarded car ever, its slow, yellow n the numberplate says "yey"

how safe are smart cars tho? duno if i'f feel safe with a bird driving me around in what is basicly a Tupperware box

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
that truly is the most retarded car ever, its slow, yellow n the numberplate says "yey"

how safe are smart cars tho? duno if i'f feel safe with a bird driving me around in what is basicly a Tupperware box
Thanks for your kind words Matt

·
Registered
3,869 Posts

Thanks for your kind words Matt
[/quote]

if the lady's happy with it your a winner, just tell me you'd never get rid of your st for one

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
lol what do you think, not quite my cup of tea. The only thing I will be jealous of is the mpg

I will probably change car within the next 6 months but it wont be for a Smart car mate although they do a brabus version

1 - 20 of 20 Posts