Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sadly I recently broke me abs sensor whilst putting my rear spacers on . I now have a new sensor but I was wondering when I fit it will the light go out ?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the abs light stayed on for ages so i took it to ford and paid £40 to get the light turned off. They said the rear right sensor was not picking anything up so i re fitted it and the light has not gone out. its a new sensor that fitted perfectly so i think thats is ok

can u think of anything else it could be ?

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
How did you break it? If you've already replaced the sensor then I suppose it could be the metal ring on the hub is broken / loose / dirty?

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
You've not used too longer bolts with the addition of the spacer have you? I know a couple of cases where bolts sized for the 20mm spacers have been supplied with the 10/12mm spacer kits, which unless cut down to suit, foul the ABS ring.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Or mine where i had 20mm spacers and the bolts were too long still.

I damaged the pickup ring and scarred the hub so new rings wouldlt fit ever again :(

·
Registered
109 Posts
buy a new ring.

iirc you can buy them fairly cheap brand new from ford.

If your unlucky like me it damaged the hub as well and you will need a new hub and abs ring.

Luckily i picked up a complete st500 rear axle inc brakes etc for £60...

·
Registered
777 Posts
Stanard pumaspeed bolts are 40mm they need to be 32mm for 12.5mm spacers.

The abs ting you referring to is a reluctor ring. having said that if bolts have kbackered the ring you would have heard it happen

1 - 20 of 22 Posts