Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2013 ST2 with factory Nav and would like to add speed camera locations / warnings to it.

I understand there is a Sync App called Cyclops (which I believe would do it) but this is only available for iPhone and I have an Android phone.

Any idea how to do this please?

·
Registered
153 Posts
The built in sat nav already has speed camera locations & warnings on it, it will however only warn you of them if you are using the navigation

·
Registered
153 Posts
Yup, it will also display the current road speed on the bottom left corner of the screen at all times. I think it may be in driver assistance options in the menu, then turn hazard warnings on.

I did download that app last night to see what it was like, you aren't really missing much to be honest!

·
Registered
519 Posts
Yup, it will also display the current road speed on the bottom left corner of the screen at all times. I think it may be in driver assistance options in the menu, then turn hazard warnings on.

I did download that app last night to see what it was like, you aren't really missing much to be honest!
did not know this at all! Went out to the car and all the options were unchecked..... Its a very good NAV in this car imo... very good indeed better than that in my bmw and matches the unit in my 62plate cayenne

·
Registered
519 Posts
thanks for that ryan!! would have gone unmissed for me as I'm not the read the manual type!

The current speed at the bottom left is very cool, i do love this little car. My buddy came round in his new Audi TT and literally didn't have half the spec for nearly 26k worth of car

·
Registered
153 Posts
I only found it out by messing with all the options to see what they did, I'm surprised Ford don't advertise the fact that the sat nav has these features!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks Ryan,

I'll have to check this out too! It seems the previous owner must have unchecked all these options too...

Great tips, many thanks,

Jon

·
Registered
992 Posts
I know ford advertise it but to be honest I thought maybe they meant the focus with road sign reader not the fiesta

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All set up now! Many thanks again. I see that some of the speed limits listed are now out of date (given constant nannying and lowing of limits - NSL becoming 40 for example).

Have there been any map updates from Ford/Sony?

·
Registered
153 Posts
I believe the sat nav is now version 5, I think it says on the SD card what version you have. There is a thread running in the main MK7 bit about it at the moment

·
Registered
1,344 Posts

You're my hero!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just wanted to bump this as it's annoyed me for ages that the nav doesn't have camera warnings! Never seen this thread before, thanks!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts