Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
after a recent trip to jamsport to get my mate's track saxo mapped, i got speaking to mark at jamsport and now im looking at putting a quaife diff in and a 4 paddle clutch in aswell. I have a few questions thou first,

I never been in a lsd car so what is it like. I hear the front end grip it greatly improved, and i pulls you back into the corner?

Mark advised a 4 paddle clutch aswell as i have a traget figure of 250 bhp i would like to get to one day, so what is a 4 paddle clutch like to live with i use the car daily?

ive got a track day in mind in aug so im not going to rush into as its not the cheapest thing to do, i just want some other views and advise really.

thanks in advance

·
Registered
347 Posts
Do it the best thing you will ever do!

The diff totally changes the car proper pulls you round corners, the paddle clutch is heavy but you get used to it by far the best mods I've done to my car

James

·
Registered
143 Posts
I have quaife diff and Helix organic clutch fitted mate and i can tell you its well worth doing!
im not sure about the 4 paddle clutch but the organic clutch is very bearable driving in every day traffic etc, and the faster and stronger clutch grasp is amazing when going flat out and makes it much easier to changing gear quickly!
As far as the ATB diff is concerned, it depends how hard you push it! I have yet to push mine to the limits but when giving it some off roundabouts etc it drags you into the roundabout unlike the standard diff that wants you to run wide! The front grip is amazing and I would say after running it at the quarter mile at crail, it improves the launch big time!
It also eliminates the dreaded standard diff which has been known to explode out of the gearbox when the circlip supporting the planet gears is dislodged! Im running 185bhp just now and am about to instal my 2.5 supercharger kit that should see 280bhp odd which ive been told the organic clutch will handle with ease!

Cheers,

Craig

·
Registered
9,109 Posts
ATB is the best thing you'll ever buy. It pretty much eliminates dry understeer but does have it's limits. I'm sure Ayesha wouldn't mind taking you out in her car if you need to experience the difference. I'd never say it pulls you into corners, but it does go a long way to stop you washing out of them.

If you're intent on that target power figure, then go for an uprated clutch. I had a Helix organic but hated using it in traffic. Ended up going back to a standard clutch as I didn't have mad power to justify it anyway. Paddle is a bit more extreme but is suited to your upgrade aspirations.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
I still need an idea of which clutch will be fine in day to day traffic, BUT can handle the power. I dont want an ON/OFF clutch.

·
Registered
656 Posts
ATB is the best thing you'll ever buy. It pretty much eliminates dry understeer but does have it's limits. I'm sure Ayesha wouldn't mind taking you out in her car if you need to experience the difference. I'd never say it pulls you into corners, but it does go a long way to stop you washing out of them.

If you're intent on that target power figure, then go for an uprated clutch. I had a Helix organic but hated using it in traffic. Ended up going back to a standard clutch as I didn't have mad power to justify it anyway. Paddle is a bit more extreme but is suited to your upgrade aspirations.
cheers arun, what would be nice if ayesha wont mind taking me out. Just so i can experience it before i fork out on it. I thought i best do the clutch aswell as the box is off, the power will be a little while off. Just trying to get things in place for when the power is upped again,

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have quaife diff and Helix organic clutch fitted mate and i can tell you its well worth doing!
im not sure about the 4 paddle clutch but the organic clutch is very bearable driving in every day traffic etc, and the faster and stronger clutch grasp is amazing when going flat out and makes it much easier to changing gear quickly!
As far as the ATB diff is concerned, it depends how hard you push it! I have yet to push mine to the limits but when giving it some off roundabouts etc it drags you into the roundabout unlike the standard diff that wants you to run wide! The front grip is amazing and I would say after running it at the quarter mile at crail, it improves the launch big time!
It also eliminates the dreaded standard diff which has been known to explode out of the gearbox when the circlip supporting the planet gears is dislodged! Im running 185bhp just now and am about to instal my 2.5 supercharger kit that should see 280bhp odd which ive been told the organic clutch will handle with ease!

Cheers,

Craig
thanks for the reply,

that is also why im thinking of doing the diff as ive heard its the diff in the standard box that is the weak link, so is it worth doing even with 185bhp that were i am at atm with power?

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Do it the best thing you will ever do!

The diff totally changes the car proper pulls you round corners, the paddle clutch is heavy but you get used to it by far the best mods I've done to my car

James
that what i was thinking it wouldn't take to long to get used to the paddle clutch, out of interest were did you get yours done?

thanks nathan

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
i have the paddle clutch and yes its heavy but now im using mine daily...i cant tell the difference between the standard and mine as im used to it.

i say if your going supercharged,paddle clutch is the way! i was told by jamsport this is better as i said i dont want clutch slip!!

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I have a rebuilt gearbox with brand new quaife for sale at the moment mate if interested - currently up at JamSport if interested

Fantasic mod to have even if running 185 or 285. Only reason I'm selling is the power I would be running it would blow up lol.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I have a rebuilt gearbox with brand new quaife for sale at the moment mate if interested - currently up at JamSport if interested

Fantasic mod to have even if running 185 or 285. Only reason I'm selling is the power I would be running it would blow up lol.
pm'd

·
"Fifi LaRoo"
12,307 Posts
Quite frankly the best mod ever. I'll be more than happy to take you out in my car. The roundabout up on to the A27 is great fun

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Ive yet to make mine wash out. It's hard to get your head around the fact you can push harder, without the nose taking a dive for the curb. Recomended.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts