Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Some of you may know that i've been advertising my car on Pistonheads for the past 3 months to no avail. I've had a lot of silly offers from idiots who want me to swap for their saxo or c2
and i've had some very good offers but unfortunately I wouldn't be able to insure a 400bhp Evo 5 :(. I wanted everyone's opinion on my ad...

My ad - http://pistonheads.com/sales/2397666.htm

Am I too expensive?
What's wrong with the ad?

Any help is muchly appreciated!!
Thanks

Jamie

·
Registered
500 Posts
hey mate, just a few things that I noticed may put people off... please dont take any as insults ... just my opinions!

- I would take out the full service history up until ..56k... it says to me that since then, its barely been serviced. just say your uncles a ford mechanic or something and serviced for you for free

-may be an idea to remove the vinyl from the bonnet, make it look a bit more standard

-If I was you I'd personally strip back to standard as much as possible... you'll see more of a return for the money you've put into the car.

-one last thing... shes got very high milage, could be a reason too.

just my opinions, hope it helps.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey mate, just a few things that I noticed may put people off... please dont take any as insults ... just my opinions!

- I would take out the full service history up until ..56k... it says to me that since then, its barely been serviced. just say your uncles a ford mechanic or something and serviced for you for free

-may be an idea to remove the vinyl from the bonnet, make it look a bit more standard

-If I was you I'd personally strip back to standard as much as possible... you'll see more of a return for the money you've put into the car.

-one last thing... shes got very high milage, could be a reason too.

just my opinions, hope it helps.
Thanks dude
.. Think I'll edit the but about servicing. I've just tried to be as honest as I possibly could be!!

·
Registered
500 Posts
lol theres no need to be TOO honest haha, im sure the cars been well looked after like most on this site, no point making potential buyers think otherwise!!

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
+1 on the above mate.

If your having no luck i wud strip the car back to std as thats wot i did and u will get extra money from selling the mods on. You will prob be able to get similar money for the car then.

Also wud remove the service history thing as well. Would just put its just bin serviced (if it has) and include the receipts as proof.

Hope you get it sold mate

Matt

·
Registered
353 Posts
i would get it back to standard too and like conorc sed take off the service history up to 56k
also mabe take some different pics couple of the inside and the car set in a nice place.

·
Registered
5,181 Posts
To be honest I think the price is a little high for the mileage it is on, I would remove the mods if you can be bothered and sell them to make a bit of money and then drop the price of the car.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
+1 on the above mate.

If your having no luck i wud strip the car back to std as thats wot i did and u will get extra money from selling the mods on. You will prob be able to get similar money for the car then.

Also wud remove the service history thing as well. Would just put its just bin serviced (if it has) and include the receipts as proof.

Hope you get it sold mate

Matt
Cheers mate, think I'll strip it if it came to it.. Yeah I'm thinking of making it a little less detailed so people call me and ask.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Footwell lights neon blue only when you open the door... sounds interesting, how did you manage to do that??
I wired them up to the interior light mate. They come on when you open the doors etc. Basically just come on whenever the interior light comes on so you can actually turn them off completely. Sometimes they give me a headache

With regards to the other comments; yes maybe a little highly priced with the high mileage. I didn't really want to split and go back to standard because of the hassle but tbh I'm in no rush to sell the car really. I still love driving it. I know that if I kept it I would spend way too much money on it after reading this months fast ford...

I still love it so may keep it but just fancied a change and some turbo power ;)

·
Registered
309 Posts
Footwell lights neon blue only when you open the door... sounds interesting, how did you manage to do that??
I wired them up to the interior light mate. They come on when you open the doors etc. Basically just come on whenever the interior light comes on so you can actually turn them off completely. Sometimes they give me a headache

With regards to the other comments; yes maybe a little highly priced with the high mileage. I didn't really want to split and go back to standard because of the hassle but tbh I'm in no rush to sell the car really. I still love driving it. I know that if I kept it I would spend way too much money on it after reading this months fast ford...

I still love it so may keep it but just fancied a change and some turbo power ;)
[/quote]

Sounds awesome, love the fact you can turn it off too... did you do it yourself or follow any type of guide?? might be interested in doing this myself

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Pm me with your email address dude and I'll send you a little guide I've done for a few people that've enquired

1 - 20 of 28 Posts