Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What aftermarket wheel options are people fitting for the FiST? Mine is on the std 18's and looking around there seems to be very limited options for 4x108 18" wheels.

There are a decent amount more if I start looking at 17's but then I'm buying new tyres as well but with 17's coming in cheaper for both wheels and tyres it's certainly an option and turbo technics demo car with 300bhp is running on 17's so they must be good enough in terms of available grip even if most mk8's I see have 18's fitted.

So what are the options that are worth looking at for the Mk8 FiST? I'd prefer lower wheel weight than stock too and the Revo in 18's look a great option but what would people look at for a well made wheel with a decent weight saving?

·
Registered
2019 Mk8 Fiesta ST-3 Mountune m260
94 Posts
What aftermarket wheel options are people fitting for the FiST? Mine is on the std 18's and looking around there seems to be very limited options for 4x108 18" wheels.

There are a decent amount more if I start looking at 17's but then I'm buying new tyres as well but with 17's coming in cheaper for both wheels and tyres it's certainly an option and turbo technics demo car with 300bhp is running on 17's so they must be good enough in terms of available grip even if most mk8's I see have 18's fitted.

So what are the options that are worth looking at for the Mk8 FiST? I'd prefer lower wheel weight than stock too and the Revo in 18's look a great option but what would people look at for a well made wheel with a decent weight saving?
I had an idea about swapping out the 4 stud Fiesta ST wheel hubs for the 5 stud ones from a Puma ST..

No idea if it would work, but if it did it would open up a lot more options for aftermarket wheels.

·
Registered
955 Posts

It might sound silly but what colour is your car? I think certain wheels suit certain colours.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Do you know how the weight compares on the JR11's to the Revo's?

Finding real weights is not the easiest thing for wheels as many published weights are suspect or quote the smallest size available
Don't know the weights as Revos are wider with corresponding wider tyres.
However my personal experience is that my JR's (standard OEM size) perform better.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Performance Blue and I've been looking at bronze or gunmetal colours in the main, white works but is a complete pain to keep looking clean and isn't very subtle
I personally think nearly all the colours of alloys would suit Performance Blue. I have seen some photos of the Silver Revo's on your blue and they looked really good. If i had your blue i would go for gunmetal or silver.

·
Registered
181 Posts
It’s been said by a few they are less nervous and twitchy on 17s ( I myself considered 17in bola 5 spokes in anthracite, and putting the PE wheels in the loft out of harms way)
Not sure what profile you would need not to throw off the speedo too much.
Good luck and let us know what you decide and how it goes.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
It’s been said by a few they are less nervous and twitchy on 17s ( I myself considered 17in bola 5 spokes in anthracite, and putting the PE wheels in the loft out of harms way)
Not sure what profile you would need not to throw off the speedo too much.
Good luck and let us know what you decide and how it goes.
Bola do some flow forged wheels now for very reasonable money including B1R and B2R and in 17's they list them as 8.2kg and 7.85kg respectively. If those weights are accurate that's a good weight saving at each corner.
I've had a good look at tyre sizes to keep the speedo accurate 205/45/17 are 0.8% under and the size Ford spec, with 215/45/17 are 0.4% over and probably the better option on an 17 x 8 like the Revo 18's

·
Registered
36 Posts
Surprised no one's mentioned compomotive wheels.
I've had a set of 18" CXT on my wife's fiesta looked good. They are an et37 18 x 8 wheel.
They do TH2's in similar sizes. Might fit my bronze set of these off my focus and see how they look.
Not sure on weight but the wheel would suit the car.

·
Premium Member
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Any one know the maximum safe offset for the Mk8 without messing with arch rolling? Pumaspeed sell 18x8 ET38 wheels which they advertise as perfect fit without issues and from what I know of wheel offsets it's possible to have a lower ET with a narrower rim such as a 7.5 or even 7. Thanks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts