Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I took delivery of my 05 pre-facelift ST it had a Clifford alarm fitted. The people who fitted my replacement ICE system are also Clifford dealers and they think the alarm is probably a Concept 650 Mk II. The dealer from whom I bought the car said that I was a Thatcham Cat 1 alarm. The remote looks like this:

I don't have to use any of the alarm/immobiliser buttons on the key to lock and alarm the car. I press a single button on the Clifford remote. The immobiliser light on the dash flashes when the car is locked and the blue flashing Clifford alarm light also flashes. I found a dealer selling a 2007 ST and in his description of the car he states that a Thatcham Category 1 alarm was standard fit:

http://drilldown.autoexposure.co.uk/vehicle.cfm?Id=AETV89339591&Make=FORD&Model=FIESTA&City=Ulverston

Can anyone please tell me if the Clifford alarm was standard fit to my 05 ST and whether or not this sytem completely overrides the Ford security system?

I am struggling with the Clifford alarm as it didn't come with a manual (Although I have since downloaded this from Clifford's website). I also didn't get the four digit valet code. I am going to have the alarm serviced as there have been a few occasions when I have unlocked the car, the alarm has given me an audible signal and the doors have remained locked. Although this isn't serious as I just repeat the procedure to correct the situation, I am fearful that unless I have the alarm serviced I could find myself locked out of my ST.

If anyone has any experience and advice to share regarding Clifford alarms I would be really grateful.

Thanks

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
The factory ST alarm is Cat1 afaik, so the listing is correct. However the Clifford is an aftermarket alarm, not a standard fit. The Clifford overrides the standard alarm system and runs in tandem with the standard immobiliser.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So what makes an alarm Category 1? I presume that it has to meet certain prescribed criteria

The factory ST alarm is Cat1 afaik, so the listing is correct. However the Clifford is an aftermarket alarm, not a standard fit. The Clifford overrides the standard alarm system and runs in tandem with the standard immobiliser.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts