Fiesta ST Forums banner

1 - 20 of 174 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,524 Posts
So then, a year after getting rid of my much loved performance blue Mk6 ST (project thread here) in order to get myself onto the property ladder, getting myself a Mk6 ZS off a friend ('project' thread here)...I am now in a spankers new Mk7 ST3 in the rarest of colours, Spirit Blue!

I opted for the Style Pack and rear sensors, I know...I have always said there is no need for these. Long story short, I was impatient and there was a car heading to the dealers in this spec but it was snapped up before I had my papers filed, so to save messing about, I just told the dealer to get another one at the same spec. 3 week wait instead of ~8 or more for a new one.

Picked her up yesterday at just gone 4pm from my local dealers with 8 miles on the clock, has something like 70 on it now :lol:

All I can say so far, even with having only gone up to a max of 4k rpm while it all beds in...is wow. What a package. The torque is what sets this apart from the Mk6. Don't get me wrong the Mk6 is a great car, a far more raw experience compared to the Mk7.

I am not that keen on how assisted the brakes are, but I guess I will get used to that in time.

Mod plans... not really got any right now, it is such a good package right out the dealership. That said, my local dealer is Mountune approved, so who knows :lol: Probably do a few aesthetic tweaks to it, about it. Main reason for getting this is it is a much raved about car and it is new with a warranty, nice bit of stability.

Anyway, enough chat for now...here is a standard new car picture, I bet you have never seen one like this before :lmao:

20160728_171946.jpg

INDEX

1. Fueled by Ford & first clean - link
  2. Photos by the sea - link
  3. The Devil? - link
  4. Attended a meet! :eek: - link
  5. Cheddar Gorge - link
  6. We're on the road to nowhere - link
  7. Universal Serial Bus - link
  8. Breaking brakes - link
  9. New Forest Run - link

Attachments

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi Alec, it might be placebo but turn the esc off (sport mode), I find you will notice the brakes less then and the other thing I have noticed is that since driving in sport mode permanently my wheels dont get covered in brake dust so quickly.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
im actually shocked you managed to get one in that colour ive stroked more unicorns than ive seen SB :p

looking good mate glad you are enjoying the car for what it is maybe you will come to some big shows now and we might actually meet in person?

·
Registered
631 Posts
Looks lovely in blue, was originally my first choice of colour, but saw one in white and that did it for me. Went in and signed the paperwork today, but computer says car is now due 6th August to the dealer so got to wait a bit longer now

·
Super Moderator
23,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Alec, it might be placebo but turn the esc off (sport mode), I find you will notice the brakes less then and the other thing I have noticed is that since driving in sport mode permanently my wheels dont get covered in brake dust so quickly.
Cheers for the tip, I will give that a bash :)

Nice! Welcome to the mk7 club!
:thumbsup:

i thought i was the only one to have it in spirit blue !

enjoy your day of polishing etc
You mean to say my dealer lied to me!? :O haha

Very nice, although it does look like you have crashed into a hedge already
I trimmed that damn bush only a couple of weekends ago, grows so damn fast.

Is it just me or does it not have rear sensors?

Are they the dealer-fitted ones?
Dealership fitted :yep: Very flush.

Looks like a day rubbing away to me!
Absolutely shattered now, got 'the claw' waxing it.

im actually shocked you managed to get one in that colour ive stroked more unicorns than ive seen SB :p

looking good mate glad you are enjoying the car for what it is maybe you will come to some big shows now and we might actually meet in person?
I know right, proper rare beast this.

Shows might be on the agenda one day, we shall see :)

Looks lovely in blue, was originally my first choice of colour, but saw one in white and that did it for me. Went in and signed the paperwork today, but computer says car is now due 6th August to the dealer so got to wait a bit longer now
To be fair, white is very nice too, so crisp and clean. The wait is worth it, trust me :yep:

·
Super Moderator
23,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Best colour.....but you already knew that @[member="Alec M"]
I did indeed :smug:

Bet its a better drive than the old fez

Enjoy
Yes and no. The Mk7 is a lot better as an "as it comes out of the box" package, more refined and a lot more grunt... However, the Mk6 was just such a good raw experience, didn't matter it was a bit slower and had a few rattles etc, it was a hoot to drive.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I did indeed :smug:

Yes and no. The Mk7 is a lot better as an "as it comes out of the box" package, more refined and a lot more grunt... However, the Mk6 was just such a good raw experience, didn't matter it was a bit slower and had a few rattles etc, it was a hoot to drive.
You should have got a dc2 type r if you like smiles and don't mind rattles 😂

·
Super Moderator
23,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
So, when I negotiated my deal, part of it was a full tank of fuel... when I picked it up, I just got in it (after giving it a once over) and drove off. Didn't realise it only had 1/4 of a tank until later on, after dealership had closed. So, I went back yesterday and saw the guy I had been dealing with, who said "No problem, let me just grab my fuel card!"

Snapchat-4562135849126792758.jpg

Then I drove back to my parents house to give it a clean. Yes, my parents house :lol: I don't have an outside tap at my flat :rolleyes:

It wasn't in too bad of a state, but wasn't exactly clean.

20160729_113143_1469866022918.jpg 20160729_113151_1469866022772.jpg

Method:

• Rinsed
  • Snow foamed - Autoglym
  • Jet washed off
  • Washed - Meguiars car shampoo/lambs wool mitt/2 bucket method
  • Dried/rapid detailer
  • Washed wheels
  • Polished up (finishing grade polish & pad with DA)
  • Rapid detailer
  • Waxed - Dodo Juice Blue Velvet
  • Windows polished - Autoglym window polish

20160729_124726_1469866022529.jpg 20160729_124732_1469865991636.jpg

Oh and these were applied loud and proud :thumbsup:

20160729_133514_1469865991472 (1).jpg

Bit of beading this morning :cool:

20160730_090047_1469865912636.jpg 20160730_090107_1469865912513.jpg 20160730_090122_1469865912271.jpg 20160730_090040.jpg

Attachments

1 - 20 of 174 Posts