Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 622 Posts

·
Super Moderator
23,606 Posts
PHOTOBUCKET HAVE STOPPED 3RD PARTY HOSTING UNLESS YOU PAY SOMETHING LIKE $400 A YEAR...SO ALL MY EARLY PICTURES AREN'T VIEWABLE - I MIGHT LOOK INTO REPOSTING AT SOME POINT BY DIRECTLY UPLOADING INTO THE FORUM...IF I CAN REMEMBER WHICH IMAGES THEY ARE!

Hello everyone, I have been a member now for a couple of months and decided to start a thread of my own. I haven't done a great deal to my car compared to some of the threads on here with thousands spent supercharging or turboing but hey ho...

I got my ST and it already had the following:

• K&N Induction kit with Blue Samco hoses
  • Eibach lowering springs
  • E-Tech strut brace in blue
  • Milltek 4-1 s/s manifold
  • Powerflow cat-back s/s system with 3" inward rolled tip
  • Painted calipers - blue
  • Painted plastics - black
  • Painted fog bezels and reflector bezels - blue
  • Painted alloys - white
  • Black sun strip

1-ZetecSandST.jpg
1-Engine2.jpg

As you can see it came with 2 x 1300W amps, 2 x 12" subwoofers and 6x9s in the parcel shelf. I soon got rid of that lot!

2.jpg
3-quicklyremoved.jpg

After a couple of weeks I found I had a dent/buckle in the N/S/R alloy. I took it to get it repaired but it was still causing vibrations so had to get a new one...and get it painted in white!

4-dentonwheel.jpg

2 months after owning it I decided I wanted coilovers instead of lowering springs and so went and purchased a set of AP Coilovers.

5-coilies.jpg

These were soon followed by some EBC Turbo Groove discs front and rear along with some EBC green stuff pads.

6-brakes.jpg
7-Frontdiscs.jpg

I also bought some stickers at the same time and put a few on...

8-stickeredup.jpg

For my 21st birthday I got this lovely present from my mate and his girlfriend, couldn't resist putting it in! Yes, I am only 5' 6" haha

8-Smalldude.jpg

INDEX

• When I got it (includes EBC brakes, AP coilovers, milltek 4-1 manifold, front strut brace, K&N 57i with Samco hoses) - link
  • Painting front upper grille - link
  • Interior - Blue LED bulb - link
  • Interior - Leather gear gaitor - link
  • Temporary blue mushroom air filter - link
  • Car cover - link
  • Welding up exhaust - link
  • Painting front lower grille & surround - link
  • Pre facelift "detango" - link
  • Paint foglight rings white - link
  • Clean throttle body - link
  • LED number plate bulbs - link
  • LED sidelights - link
  • Passanger side foglight cold air feed - link
  • Paint strut brace white - link
  • Upgraded headlight bulbs - Osram Cool Blue Hyper 5000K - link/ link
  • Broken locking wheel nut key! - link
  • White ST badges (front and rear) - link
  • Painting front calipers yellow - link
  • Drivers side foglight cold air feed - link
  • New K&N filter - link
  • "photoshoot" - link
  • Bosch flatblade aero wipers - link
  • Rallyflapz mudflaps, rear bracket bending - link
  • Rallyflapz fitted - link
  • First time machine "polishing" (used wax) - link
  • Interior LED bulb "fixing" with solder - link
  • Interim self service; Oil, PAS fluid & K&N clean - link
  • Removed sun strip - link
  • TRC Splitter fitted - link
  • Little photoshoot in the rain - link
  • 12.5mm axle spacer prep (cut out for ABS) - link
  • Painted Throttle Body yellow - link
  • More pictures in the rain - link
  • Alloys refurbished...from white to anthracite - link
  • Replacement N/S/F wing - link
  • Milltek goodies delivered - link
  • Rear calipers painted yellow - link
  • Milltek Sports cat & Resonated Cat-back - link
  • First Meet - FocusSTOC & a few RS's - link
  • Big clean - link
  • Another clean :whistle: Dodo Juice & Poorboys products - link
  • Replacement wing finally fitted! - link
  • Clean behind lights, extra cold air feed, sorting exhaust - link
  • Wheel clean, field pics & birthday cake - link
  • Birthday update - Caps'n'cuffs and some other stuff - link
  • Repainting Fog light bezels & rings - new colours - link
  • TRC Diffuser - link
  • Winter clean, cold air feed setup pics & Remembrance Sunday respects - link
  • Paul Walker Tribute, R.I.P. - link
  • Milltek Non-res section - link
  • Full service + replacement AP shock - link
  • Detailing delivery - DAS6-Pro + Autofinesse Revitalise kit - link
  • Easter weekend detailing session - link
  • Photoshoot with a friend & his 'proper' camera - link
  • New discs and pads all round - link
  • O/S/F top mount failure, replaced - link
  • Advertised for sale - link
  • Sold - link
  • New car thread link - link

·
Super Moderator
23,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
After the coilovers and brakes I haven't really done much more on the performance side of things as at the moment I am quite happy with it and don't really have the funds to progress this.

I got some JL Audio 5x7 speakers for the front and rear, my brother worked at a car audio distributor so I got them on the cheap!

After about a year I got bored of the stickers and the unwanted attention they got so took them off, now I only have the WRC decals above my side repeaters, Ford Racing window sticker on the rear window and a white replica Nurburgring decal below the ST logo which actually says "neverbeen".

Had it serviced by one of my mates who is an apprentice mechanic and has a 106 gti which has done shed loads on...throttle bodies, engine swap, carbon fibre pieces, fully stripped, bucket seats, flocked dash, the works! So I trust him, instead of Ford!

Also had him do my clutch as it was starting to go at nearly 80k miles.

My K&N was a bit worse for wear and the wire mesh was damaged so I replaced this with a blue mushroom filter...some love them some hate them, I don't mind to be honest.

Will get pics at a later stage as I don't have any of the above at the moment.

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Nice start mate, love ST on coilovers!

What do ypu find the brakes like? I am looking to get a similar set up but have heard mixed views!

·
Super Moderator
23,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My plastics had flaked and are not helping with the overall appearance of my ST so I decided to paint them, starting off with the front upper grill as a test pilot...

Stripped off the old paint and cleaned it all up ready to prime it.

Started with a nice couple of coats of plastic primer.

Followed this with 4 or 5 coats of gloss black if I remember correctly.

Here was my little set up round the side of the house! Worked a treat blocking the wind and keeping the heat in when using the hair dryer to dry the coats haha

·
Super Moderator
23,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Forgot to mention in previous post I finished it off with 2 layers of clear laquer front and back to seal it all to hopefully prevent it flaking too easily.

And here is the result, was winter time hence the darkness...

As you can see there is a huge difference between the upper and lower grilles now!

I did the rear valance and insert too. Have yet to tackle the front lower grille and insert as of yet.

Here is a pic in the sun also.

·
Super Moderator
23,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nice start mate, love ST on coilovers!

What do ypu find the brakes like? I am looking to get a similar set up but have heard mixed views!
Hi Aaron, thanks for your comment!

I find them okay, they're obviously not amazing as they are still standard size etc. They need a bit of heat in them to work properly so when you're just driving normally you have to brake a little sooner than normal sometimes just to be on the safe side.

When going for it though and they are nice and hot, they are very very good. Added to a good set of tyres (I have Parada Spec II's) they can bring your speed down nicely, throwing you into your seatbelt haha.

I would recommend them highly myself.

ALSO they were cheaper to get than standard replacements, I only paid like £40 to get them fitted by this local guy I know too.

·
Super Moderator
23,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
looks smart, nice progress so far
Thanks, I thought I would jsut get everyone as up to speed with it as I can haha Seeing as I have had it for 2 years now and only been a member of this site for a few months

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Yeah i heard they needa bit of heat, not too noisy though where they trap the air are they? I have to be careful what I do with brakes now as the 300mm conversion would rub on my wheels..

Looks good though! Black plastics turn it around hugely too!

·
Super Moderator
23,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, once there is a bit of heat they're great for the money! Go for it mate.

You will notice a little bit of a whirring noise to begin with, but you get used to it very quickly and I don't notice it at all now. I have to say, brakes are probably my favourite part of any car...any good car... If I had the money I would be getting a brake conversion without a shadow of a doubt, but for now these will suffice.

·
Super Moderator
23,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I do realise that I have spelt "performance" wrong in my thread title by the way! haha woopsy...

·
Super Moderator
23,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here are some pics of my interior additions.

I have replaced the rubber gaiter with a faux leather one

Got a blue LED bulb

Fusion head unit with iPod connectivity, iPod is in the little compartment to the right of the steering wheel...

And my latest addition to my interior is my Stig mascot/air freshener

·
Super Moderator
23,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The sun was briefly out this morning so I took some snap shots before it started to rain again...

·
Super Moderator
23,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So before it started to rain again, as it is now, this is my latest purchase;

I am getting a bit fed up of cleaning it and then it rains and gets water marks all over it again! haha

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Nice car mate, I'm thinking about buying the EBC turbo grooved discs but how much better do you feel they are over standard brakes?

Cheers

·
Super Moderator
23,606 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Nice car mate, I'm thinking about buying the EBC turbo grooved discs but how much better do you feel they are over standard brakes?

Cheers
Hi there Chrissy...Chris?

I rate them highly myself as an upgrade over the standards definitely!! For me they were cheaper to replace with these all round over the OE standards too which was a big sway for me to get them and I am glad I did!

I would go for them for sure! I have commented on them already on the first page too if you want a bit more detail

Cheers for the comments too

1 - 20 of 622 Posts