Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
155 Posts
This will be updated alot more over the next few days , just started this before work !!!
Will also get pics of everything

All things Fiesta mk6 Facelift , Most things will be the same on prefacelift but dont take my word as gospel , you can take my word for it with facelift though as thats what i have and strip down most days.

Guide : All things fiesta mk6 related - Tiestoooooo

Just thought id make a thread up with useful info in the mk6 ,made one on the mk5 when i had that and had quite alot of views , so im assuming it was helpful to some .

How to remove heater rings : (Facelift only) , to paint , DO NOT try this with prefacelift as these are screwed in where as the facelift vents are simply clipped in place .

Tools needed : Preferibly a trim removal tool failing that use a thin flat screwdriver coverd in a microfibre cloth to save scratching the dash.

The middle two above your stereo , are easier than the outer two , if you put your trim removal tool or flat driver in at the corner of the vent , and put your fingers on the part where you open and shut the vents , and slowly and gently leever the vent out towards you , no brute force needed here , they may be a little stiff due to the fact theyve never been out lol ,repeat for the other vent .

Now for the two outer vents closest to each window , these are a little tighter because of the foam dashboard , anyway same steps , but you may need to put your trim tool or driver in a little deeper and nice and gently ease it out .

Then assuming you want to paint the silver surround , there is 3 clips that hold it on to the actual vent its self , with your trim tool or driver gently prize all 3 tabs up and the silver surround , paint them , then there is only one way the surrounds go back on , so clip them back in place , and then re insert them in to your dash , they go in very easily , you dont need to remember exactly what vents go where , as they all fit in without any problems.

How to remove gear stick surround : to paint or wrap , First of all you will need to remove the gearknob , this is a simple case of twisting the gearknob anti clockwise , keep twisting and it will come off , then grab both sides of the surround and pull upwards and then it will be free ,

This will need to be done to change the gear stick toilet plunger to a nice leather gaitor , or wether you want to paint the silver surround on the gear stick surround,the silver surround is held on by 3 flimsy clips , this needs no effort at all to unclip .

No tools needed for this.

How to remove side indicator lenses : to change to clear or smoked These are simply just clipped in .

Tools needed : Preferibly a trim removal tool failing that use a thin flat screwdriver coverd in a microfibre cloth to save scratching the bodywork.

Start off on either side there both the same , So as you look at the lense if you put your trim tool in the bottom left corner or your coverd up driver and slowly and gently leever it out , again no brute force needed , they will just pop out , hold the actual bulb holder , and twist the lense anti clockwise , fit your new clear or smoked lense and twist clockwise , now there is a clip on the lense that hooks in , put this side in first then gently push the lense in , repeat for the other side .

How to remove handbrake surround : to paint or maybe fit the armster armrest , if you grab the surround from each corner at the back of the handbrake and pull upwards , its held in by two clips at the back and two at the front , clips are very sturdy , so if its tight give it a good pull , then you may need to manoeuvre the surround to get it round the actual handbrake

Stereo Wiring colours
orange/black: Battery
Yellow/green: ignition
white/black: steering controls
brown/yellow: steering controls
black/yellow: Earth
black: earth
grey/violet + white/violet: LH rear speaker
grey/black + white/black: LH front speaker
grey + white: RH rear speaker
grey/red + white/red: RH front speaker
Orange/black: illumination
white/green: engine management-speed signal

Associated bulbs
Main beams: H4
Side Lights: W5W
Front Indicators: 382 Opposite Pin
Side Indicators: W5W
Rear Indicators: 581 Offset Pin
Stop/Tail Bulbs: 380
Reverse: W5W
Reg plate: 239 Festoon Bulb 36mm
High level 3rd brake light : W5W Red

Any problems give me a shout
Tiestoooooo

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not too sure on your reverse bulbs or high level brake one, they are the wedge base but the bulb itself is larger than the W5W/501 type although i can't remember the number that is in mine now, think it starts with a 9
reverse bulbs are for definite mate
i have a w5w led bulb in each side ,
the original bulb is a w5w bulb with a bigger head thats all ,
the high level brake one is also a w5w bulb , which i have changed to a w5w red led bulb
i wouldnt put info up on anything i wasnt 100% on fella
thanks for the shout

· Registered
2,412 Posts
reverse bulbs are for definite mate
i have a w5w led bulb in each side ,
the original bulb is a w5w bulb with a bigger head thats all ,
the high level brake one is also a w5w bulb , which i have changed to a w5w red led bulb
i wouldnt put info up on anything i wasnt 100% on fella
thanks for the shout
oh ok i'm confused. i'm sure they were a bigger fitting lol, i've only ever replaced the high level brake light though and that seemed bigger all round, unless i got a different fitting

· Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh ok i'm confused. i'm sure they were a bigger fitting lol, i've only ever replaced the high level brake light though and that seemed bigger all round, unless i got a different fitting
may have looked bigger as it has a bigger filament , i,e a bigger glass surround
but it does have the same w5w wedge base fitting,
because there halogen bulbs they need a bigger filament to produce a better light output ,
where as the led , smd bulbs have multiple leds and have a greater output with a small surround

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.