Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke up this morning to my ST no longer outside the house. Steering lock was on and no smashed glass around the car.
A few doors down, a Mercedes gl has also been stolen and they have managed to turn its tracker off. They have cctv of their car being stolen at 1:45am, so can only assume mine was shortly before or after.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
448 Posts
So sorry for you ☹

A couple of questions if I may.

Firstly, as unlikely as it is that its running round on the same plates what part of the country are you in? We all geek spot ST's so with good images of the subtle differences (tail lights) we can all help keep a look out for you 👍

Secondly for the benefit of everyone else, what sort or steering lock was bypassed? and were the keys in a Faraday box/bag? It just helps the rest of us think about perhaps upping our game too 😬

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In Aveley which is in Essex. I had 1 of the yellow long armed steering locks and my keys were in my bedside draw, not in a Faraday bag.

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts
In Aveley which is in Essex. I had 1 of the yellow long armed steering locks and my keys were in my bedside draw, not in a Faraday bag.
I'm afraid one of those steering locks alone isn't enough security.

****ing dirty rotten ******* scumbags :mad:

Absolutely gutted for you Ben :(

·
Premium Member
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
What really bugs me, 1 day they will be caught. But only after causing misery to countless people and the punishment they get will be a soft slap on the wrist.

·
Premium Member
133 Posts
Hey Ben,

I only live in Upminster myself, sorry about what's happened. The likely chance is they already had your key cloned, before they even set off to take it.

In theory, I would have reconnaissance for 1/2days on target A/B, a case I would have followed you and followed you where you go and what times, so let says when to get some Yazoo at the Esso/Londis on th eat homr., I'll park behind pretend to fill up, and you unlock you car on your walk back. "I have got it". I know in the morning u had the lock on... Maybe tonight u don't put it on . Saves me 30secs.

It's a case of having the key not by the front door and in a box or cage, pouch etc.. that's why using your car key to lock and unlock is better and always being aware. For the cost, a dislock steering wheel and hand brake to stick is ideal, full cut off switch, wheel clamp. Are all ways to slow someone down, even disconnecting the battery. So you need physical key, then its a case of not car theft but they will rob you of the key at some stage robbery with intent of GHB.

Turning the tracker off, either inside job, or knows too much about said system.

I left my window open on my road for three days and no one even took my expensive nextbase camera.

All in all, please read the cooper code - never be in white when driving and you are outside your comfort zone.

·
Premium Member
2,154 Posts

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Hey Ben,

I only live in Upminster myself, sorry about what's happened. The likely chance is they already had your key cloned, before they even set off to take it.

In theory, I would have reconnaissance for 1/2days on target A/B, a case I would have followed you and followed you where you go and what times, so let says when to get some Yazoo at the Esso/Londis on th eat homr., I'll park behind pretend to fill up, and you unlock you car on your walk back. "I have got it". I know in the morning u had the lock on... Maybe tonight u don't put it on . Saves me 30secs.

It's a case of having the key not by the front door and in a box or cage, pouch etc.. that's why using your car key to lock and unlock is better and always being aware. For the cost, a dislock steering wheel and hand brake to stick is ideal, full cut off switch, wheel clamp. Are all ways to slow someone down, even disconnecting the battery. So you need physical key, then its a case of not car theft but they will rob you of the key at some stage robbery with intent of GHB.

Turning the tracker off, either inside job, or knows too much about said system.

I left my window open on my road for three days and no one even took my expensive nextbase camera.

All in all, please read the cooper code - never be in white when driving and you are outside your comfort zone.
Did anyone else find this hard to read?

·
Super Moderator
23,595 Posts
Did anyone else find this hard to read?
Yep, scratched my head a fair few times.

Sorry to Ben for the loss of car and the faff that now begins with police and insurance.

Hopefully you get a decent payout and not a long drawn out insult.

·
Premium Member
258 Posts
Gutted for you, I thought this wasn't happening as much now :(

Essex SVIU have photos on their twitter page, I think I have mentioned how depressing reading it is, plenty of Fiesta STs on there :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts