Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just joined the forum and am looking for your help!

I've got a 2014 Fiesta ST2 which I bought last September. When I bought the car from a local dealership it had a warning pop up saying "Auto wiper/lights malfunction Service required" and the dealership sent it to Ford who fixed it with a new rain sensor and has been fine ever since.

But yesterday (which I don't know if it makes a difference but it was a really hot day and the sun was on the car all day) when I started the car the message popped up again which I've attached and my lights/wipers are no longer automatic anymore! So annoying!

I thought I would check the fuse which is fuse 1 (7.5 amp) and caters for Ignition, autowipers, heated windshield, dome lamp, interior mirror. The fuse was blown. So to double check that the sensor isn't the problem I disconnect both parts of the sensor completely from the car and also disconnected the interior mirror. I replaced the fuse and as soon as I started the engine the fuse blew straight away. Im guessing this is telling me the the sensor and the mirror is not the problem.

I then disconnected the dome light assembly completely which you can see attached and again replaced the fuse only for it to blow straight away again!

So I'm turning to you guys for any help what so ever as to what I should do next. The car starts and runs fine so it can't be the ignition so could the heated windshield really be the problem? If so how can I disconnect it to test if the fuse still blows with it disconnected?

Thanks for you help!

Jack

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Managed to now fix this, it was a loose neutral wire to those little LED lights in the roof which was causing the fuse to blow. How it came undone I have now idea!?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts