Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

This may be a really silly question but bare with me haha I have an 06 model ST, and have the 'AUX' button on my stereo - but I cannot find where I am supposed to plug the lead into? Someone mentioned about the glove box but I cant find it. Ive had the car 2 years and just thought maybe it was there incase I wanted to add this option, but I can press the button and it will switch modes to AUX so seems pretty silly to me.

I have searched the glove box and all I can figure out is it should be where this bit in the glovebox is (see pic) can I get this option added on to the car now? And if so, how much/where from?

Thank you!

Rach

Attachments

·
Registered
353 Posts
id go to a scrappers and buy the complete console around the gear ****, but obviously buy one with an AUX jack already in, you should be able to wire it up to the standard head unit quite easily. and other people on here have put things like handsfree to the origional stereo without any problems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeh thats where my mates is on his zetec, but mine isnt there :(

Will have to replace the console like Benje said, thank you!!

·
Registered
470 Posts
Go to Ford. The auxiliary lead kit cost me 15 pound with full install instructions. Just take the centre gear stick surround off. On the underneath of it you will see the moulding where it needs to go. Drill that out with a hole saw and file the tab out with Swiss file. The auxiliary plug is bigger that the hole which will hide any rough edges. The hardest part was taking the bleeding stereo out! The kit came with cable ties. Hope this helps :D

Darren.

·
Registered
396 Posts
Sorry if this is a little late but the wiring for the aux plug is pre installed on ALL fiesta Sts, it is taped up with the wiring for the cig lighter socket.

The plug itself costs around £5 from ford and all you need to do is drill a hole in the centre console and plug it all together!

if you remove your centre consol panel and look underneith you will see near the 12v socket there is a round circle in the moulding. This is where ford stipulates it to go, but you can place it any where where the wiring will reach.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts