Fiesta ST Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Interesting your method isn't listed in the service manual for the car, why is that?

What does detaching the sensor do in that case? To me it reads as if it hard resets the learnt parameters:
Many Reset Service functions are Not Listed in the mechanical repair Handbook in Etis or PTS. Because Ford Motor Company think/know that a certified Ford Mechanic has Read the Technical Service Bulletin/TSB 40/2013 that was published first time in the Year 2013. That is a common Thing. And Ford Motor Company thinks,that most of the Ford Mechanics are going to technical Training Centre to learn New stuff. When you use the Ford Diagnostic System Etis/SBD and you choose that the Fault Part is a Battery, the Computer will Show how to Reset the BMS System or the Diagnostic Tool will Perform the BMS Reset. Business as usual,Nothing New to me, but for Car Owner without special knowledge it can Sound odd.

·
Registered
140 Posts
...oh, and a potentially stupid question too...

If its reset to zero on installation, how does it retain this information if the battery is disconnected for any engine/electrical work or, say, the battery runs flat?
I say it again,and again. The Following procedere will Reset a Counter in the Powertrain Control Module PCM ,the PID is called BatDays. The Counter count the days how old the Battery is. The Reset will for example turn 365 days of a car battery that is one year old, to 0 days. The Reset has Nothing to Do with if you remove a battery from the vehicle.
. Enter vehicle and perform the steps 2 to 4 within 10 seconds.
2. Switch ignition ON, engine OFF (Position II).
3. Push and release the rear fog light switch five times.
4. Push and release the hazard warning light switch three times.
5. If successful the charging system warning light on the instrument cluster will blink three times within the next 15 seconds.
6. BMS reset done

·
Registered
140 Posts
Mhh, I am thinking about to change the central car configuration with extended license of Forscan. I found this in IPC Main Car Configuration in Engineering Mode 2 (hidden)
I got a Aftermarket Varta Battery with 61A 600Ah instead of original 52A 520Ah. I think I try value 11 instead of value 10.
Computer Font Operating system Personal computer Software

·
Registered
123 Posts
Jorg, did you change this? Interested to see if the change worked ok.

The reason I ask, is because ours on Forscan is set to '00 - Not configured', for reference that's on a 2016 ST2.

I'm tempted to correct it.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've just checked ours and in the battery menu (in Engineering mode2 hidden), these are the only choices:

00 - Not configured
01 - No rear battery
04 - Twin battery

I've left it as it was 00 - Not configured.

Font Rectangle Parallel Screenshot Number

I'm using Forscan ver 2.3.12 beta, perhaps I need to get a newer version.

Out of interest did your car come with stop/start? Mine doesn't, not sure if this is a UK thing only?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts