Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
I watched the EA press conference live stream last night and BF3 looked amazing!

I can't wait to play it, the beta and release date are sooo far away (in my mind)!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Anyone noticed how the quality of EA games over the last couple of years has become amazing?

They used to just churn out recycled tat each year (Fifa, Madden, NFS etc).

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
This looks amazing, DICE are achieving so much with that FrostBite 2! Pre-ordering, would be rude not to!

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Managed to grab an Alpha invite for this game, it's rather interesting!

Sounds and graphics are amazing but game play is a little bit lacking at the moment, hopefully they can sort it out before final release.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I have a buddy who said same thing. In fact he hates the alpha release. Likened it to CoD - which for BF2 heads is about as big an anti-compliment as you can get....

·
Registered
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah to me, seems as though they have just added to the multiplayer of MOH and thats it really!

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
this game does look epic, only prob is they always show the game in full hard core pc set up, where as id get it for my PS3 and it dont look as good. Still looks miles better than COD but just a shame PS3's graphics aint as good as pc. Consoles never will i guess

·
Registered
554 Posts
this game does look epic, only prob is they always show the game in full hard core pc set up, where as id get it for my PS3 and it dont look as good. Still looks miles better than COD but just a shame PS3's graphics aint as good as pc. Consoles never will i guess
If you want to advertise a graphics engine you don't use the inferior set up do you.

·
Registered
107 Posts
It's a PC game and I'm delighted the PC is the lead versions. Finally with prices for a decent rig coming down again (DDR3 is epically cheap now) the Pc should be right where it's at. Specially with consoles being dated a little now too.

Of course I don't think it should be a PC exclusive (ala BF2 / 2142) nor am I a PC fanboi who says "It shouldn't be on da consolez" as it makes total sense for them to rake in as much cash as possible. But trust me on this. It will be worth it to build a rig for it (a PC has a million more uses than games too, so it's not
money up the wall). 32v32, planes & choppas, jeeps & tanks... only thing missing is the grapple hooks, gas masks and zip lines from BF2: Special Forces. What an amazing add on that was. SAS and Spetsnaz on there too.

God I need to boot that game back up and play it for the memories.

·
Registered
297 Posts
Ive been playing it onthe alpha invite to on the pc, its really really good considering its a pre beta test, gameplay is a little tedius but it will be because its a test version with one map and one game setting, it will be amazing! Add me on pc on that origin thing Hookstar

·
Registered
107 Posts
Quite
I didn't get an Alpha invite considering I've played the damn thing since 1942 and used the same email addy and to make it worse there's people on it who's computers wouldn't run a flippin' screensaver, never mind a game.

·
Registered
31 Posts
If you want to advertise a graphics engine you don't use the inferior set up do you.
[/quote]

Very true dude

Out of interest do many of you play pc games? Just wondered.....I've got a ps3 and pc but mostly play pc games

1 - 16 of 16 Posts