Fiesta ST Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Had my flexi pipe fitted yesterday and as usual, not straightforward, as the last person that fitted the sensor managed to chew the thread making it useless once we had got it out. Luckily there is C.R. Marks nearby and they had a new sensor for £45, so not too painful.

The exhaust is now functioning properly, plus I can drive the car without getting 'high' on the fumes :) and another job ticked off the list.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Sorted another couple of minor tasks yesterday...the car came with one Ford clear side repeater and one awful aftermarket frosted one...

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Bicycle tire

Swapped it out for a new Ford one...

Shoe Automotive lighting Automotive parking light Font Service

Looks much better now...

Wheel Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Hood

The other fix was a new glovebox hinge, as one was broken.

The new front wheel arch liners should arrive today so that will be next week's homework for me.

Keep the faith guys.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I've had my ST for a month now and still plenty to tidy up..still waiting on one of the arch liners to arrive. Since switching from my S3, it's been a totally different experience, but a good one so far. My ST seems to me to come alive around 4K rpm and I don't think it whines too much @ 70 mph, so I'm ok with that...it's definitely perky and handles well. I'm also getting used to again having a car that feels every bump in the road...I'd forgot how smooth the S3 was, whereas the feel from my ST is nearer to being like my old GT4.

I'm still not sure about the rear diffuser, it's got to stay for now as the owner that fitted it, kindly screwed it to the bumper :mad: so I've painted the silver screws black for now...
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Motor vehicle Asphalt

A slight improvement.

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Recoloured the worn bolster on my driver's seat this week...

Vehicle Car Automotive tire Automotive design Tints and shades
Vehicle Car Automotive tire Automotive design Rim

Also, finally got hold of the new front wheel arch liners, I now need to fashion some brackets to go inside the bumper as the original plastic ones are damaged...

Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive exterior Bumper Font

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Fitted the new arch liners this week. Sixteen years of crud inside both of the wings behind the arches...

Automotive tire Wood Font Tints and shades Concrete

Both areas had some surface rust...

Wood Automotive exterior Automotive tire Gas Rim
Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper Rim Gas

Treated them with Kurust...

Wood Gas Tints and shades Metal Automotive exterior
Wood Automotive lighting Material property Fender Gas

And a coat of underseal...

Wood Bumper Gas Fixture Composite material
Automotive tire Wood Bumper Automotive exterior Vehicle door

The plastic tab that the arch liners attach to, inside the side of the front bumper, was missing on the driver's side so I made up some brackets and bonded them inside the bumper on both sides and used some M6 bolts and fasteners to secure them...

Tin Aluminum can Font Tin can Gas
Wood Tool Metal Cylinder Aluminium

The stuff I used has worked but I'm not convinced it will hold that long...I expect I'll have to get a fibreglass kit and do it properly.

I found the easiest way was to remove the headlights and secure the new liners with the back and side screws, then I could reach in through the headlight hole and see where I needed the brackets to go. The ST also had one standard and one Osram Dip/Main bulb fitted when I got it, so fitted a new set of Osram +200 bulbs as well.

This photo was taken through the headlight hole to show the brackets in position...

Automotive tire Wood Gas Automotive exterior Composite material

We'll see how long they stay bonded.

·
Premium Member
2005, MK6 ST150 (pre face lift )
1,305 Posts
Fitted the new arch liners this week. Sixteen years of crud inside both of the wings behind the arches...

View attachment 590429

Both areas had some surface rust...

View attachment 590430 View attachment 590431

Treated them with Kurust...

View attachment 590432 View attachment 590433

And a coat of underseal...

View attachment 590434 View attachment 590435

The plastic tab that the arch liners attach to, inside the side of the front bumper, was missing on the driver's side so I made up some brackets and bonded them inside the bumper on both sides and used some M6 bolts and fasteners to secure them...

View attachment 590436 View attachment 590437

The stuff I used has worked but I'm not convinced it will hold that long...I expect I'll have to get a fibreglass kit and do it properly.

I found the easiest way was to remove the headlights and secure the new liners with the back and side screws, then I could reach in through the headlight hole and see where I needed the brackets to go. The ST also had one standard and one Osram Dip/Main bulb fitted when I got it, so fitted a new set of Osram +200 bulbs as well.

This photo was taken through the headlight hole to show the brackets in position...

View attachment 590438

We'll see how long they stay bonded.
Hi tcg,

looking good

Yeah, plastic repairs are a nightmare, I've been looking @ various plastic welding tools, might have to get one and try it out

·
Premium Member
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Cheers mate, I'm not confident it will last...also found a crack in my expansion tank so that's got a bit of gorilla glue on until I source a replacement...another plastic welding job for you?

How are the wheels coming on, have you got enough to build a Big Trak yet?

·
Premium Member
2005, MK6 ST150 (pre face lift )
1,305 Posts
Cheers mate, I'm not confident it will last...also found a crack in my expansion tank so that's got a bit of gorilla glue on until I source a replacement...another plastic welding job for you?

How are the wheels coming on, have you got enough to build a Big Trak yet?
Hi tcg,
Picked up my new wheels last night, 3 hours to get from west london to rochester, kent, thanks to the QE2 bridge ( Grrrrrrrrrrrrr) - i'll put pics on my rebuild thread (y)

21 - 28 of 28 Posts