Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI. I CARNT SEEM TO GET THESE MARKS OUT OF MY PAINT FINISH. I HAVE USED ALL TYPES OF PRODUCTS, SWIRL X, POLISH, WAXES, PAINT DETAILER , PAINT CLEANER, TAR REMOVER ETC. MOSTLY MAGUIRES STUFF AND SOMETIMES AUTOG. THE MARKS ARE NOT ACTUALLY SWIRLS BUT SORT OF LIKE HALF ROUND CLOTH MARKS PROB MADE WITH THE CLEANING POLISHING ACTION. YOU CAN ONLY SEE THEM WHEN ITS VERY SUNNY. ANY TIPS PLEASE

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
clay it and get it machine polished.

then poorboys black hole glaze it and dodo juice purle haze wax it.

in the new fast ford there's a section all about cleaning and polishing n how the stuff works too.

mine after a machine polish last year.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

matt

Attachments

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
[quote name='goatlamb' timestamp='1307044839' post='635931']
clay it and get it machine polished.

then poorboys black hole glaze it and dodo juice purle haze wax it.

in the new fast ford there's a section all about cleaning and polishing n how the stuff works too.

mine after a machine polish last year.
View attachment 46633

matt
[/quot

cheers i have a machine polisher, just abit nervy about using it. can i use the products i have now ?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
I had the same problem on mine, I got mine clayed and machine polished for two days straight. Looked great, but even using microfibre clothes, towels, sponges, new buckets etc they still come back.

There's defenitely still an improvement, but I doubt it will ever be perfect again without a respray. First and last black car tbh

G

·
Sounds to me like the laquer has been cut into excessively in some places causing this problem. It'll be hard to remove these marks if i'm being honest. If they are not deep enough for the paint and they are only recognisable to yourself i wouldn't be worrying overly about them. Make sure you dont continue to rub at these areas because they could actually make things worse instead work with what you have and ensure you do everything evenly across the laquer.

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
ask rach brown, who did my car on what pads she used and polishes and waxes, but the cleanest black car i've ever seen that looks mint constantly is st500 dave's st500.

i think its half the way you apply polish, best stuff to use is poorboys black hole for it, applied with an aplicater pad, n buff off with a clean microfibre.

then put the dodo juice wax on, with and applicator or your fingers n buff off again with a microfibre.

swirls appear from washing and waxing, but polishing and waxing hides them a bit too, n the better its protected the easier it is to clean when it gets dirty too.

n try not to let it get this bad too
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Motor vehicle

Attachments

·
"Fifi LaRoo"
12,307 Posts
toptinker if you are nervy about using your machine polisher use a donor car or panel to pratice. My dad's battered E36 BMW had THE shiniest, smoothest, swirl free boot lid you'll ever ever find

After getting the feel for the polisher (Porter Cable Dual Action), pads and polishes I was happy to attack my car and think nothing of doing it these days to correct muck ups, swirls and polsihing marks.

On Detailing World, people do recommend going to a scrappy, asking for a small, cheap panel and just practicing. Failing that give your mum's/dad's/nan's car the clean of its life

·
Registered
56 Posts
I use a meguires da machine polisher and menzerna polish. I have a black st and when I bought it it wax full of swirls and was very dull. I spent about 3 days correcting the paint and it looked ace! But the correct wash technique is also a way of preventing swirls. Use the two bucket method one to wash and one to rinse and a decent washmitt rather than a sponge

Ben

1 - 9 of 9 Posts