Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I have such a question. I recently bought a FiST, I have a mountune intake system and a kn filter, but I do not have a blow off. At 3500rpm, the sound of air being released is heard. Adds the video as it sounds, why is that?
21 czerwca 2022

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't know what you were listening to, but I can't hear it on my laptop and you can hear it on my phone or headphones. Well, unless it's supposed to be like that, I don't know, that's why I'm asking.

·
Super Moderator
24,125 Posts
Few things here...

First, it sounds normal.

Second, you try to get more noise by pointing at the rear of the car, the turbo is in the engine bay.

Third, the car is stationary and not under any load, it will sound different from when being driven and be working slightly differently in terms of boost.

Fourth, you can hear the 'woosh' of air when you come off the throttle, that is the 'blow off' sound you're on about.

Fifth, for the full on 'psshshhshhshh' fast and furious noise you're describing, you'll need an aftermarket valve to vent the gasses back through the turbo for that iconic noise.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
It's normal to hear a release of air pressure coming off throttle.

The car has a diverter valve from factory which routes pressure back into the intake system. The only thing a blow off valve does is dump it to atmosphere.

So, it's normal. GFB sell an upgrade diverter valve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts