Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone had to adjust the way their boot lid sits? Although I’ve had mine for nearly 3 weeks, it wasn’t until the weekend that I actually took a proper look at the way the boot lid sits when closed, it’s lower on the drivers side than the passenger side when closed.. the only adjustment I can possibly see is the rubber ‘bungs’ on each side but they’re solid, so they’re either in or out.

Happy to take pics shortly if anyone has any suggestions.. will be going back to the dealer today possibly, but happy to try anything beforehand

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had this problem with three different mk4 focus and I learnt to live with it because bodyshops told me they would have to manipulate/modify the hinges to get a perfect fit. It’s not a case of lifting the right side the whole thing would need to be re-aligned

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hmmm, bit disappointing. I've been pointed in the direction of the Lookers body shop so might go up there and see what they say... if it's a case of living with it, I'll do it... just not ideal I suppose.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hmmm, bit disappointing. I've been pointed in the direction of the Lookers body shop so might go up there and see what they say... if it's a case of living with it, I'll do it... just not ideal I suppose.
#4 · Jul 10, 2022

This may be worth a try…
I used two 25mm diameter x 3mm thick self adhesive rubber pads (eBay) in the base of the ‘depressions’ in the rear bumper assembly. Unlike some cars, the bump stops on either side of the boot lid itself are notadjustable, so may or may not snug down in the depressions, allowing the boot lid to waggle around slightly.
Hope that makes sense 😬

1 - 4 of 4 Posts