Fiesta ST Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So basically I bought my 14 plate ST a couple weeks ago and according to the dealer it was completely stock. I've posted an image link at the bottom. I'm assuming that the K+N filter isn't standard and I'm not even sure what the RamAir pipe thing is (pretty clueless about cars). So now I'm thinking has the engine been modified? Is there any way for me to check other than getting it dynod? Obviously I've only ever driven the car I've got so I can't compare how it sounds/drives to an actual stock example.

I've been looking at getting the full CP2 package with all the parts but how does what I've already got fitted effect that? Sorry if I'm being a bit stupid but I thought I'd ask people who actually know what's what.

https://ibb.co/ctR87bH

·
Super Moderator
23,524 Posts
Blimey, was sold as "standard" with such a blatant mod, a bright blue induction hose :lol: Dealers really are clueless.

An induction kit isn't a normal standalone mod on these, normally accompanied by a remap.

Without contacting previous owner or having it dyno'd though, hard to say.

I would be going back to the dealer and asking for some money back at least... Because you have had to inform your insurance of the findings and your premium has gone up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Blimey, was sold as "standard" with such a blatant mod, a bright blue induction hose :lol: Dealers really are clueless.

An induction kit isn't a normal standalone mod on these, normally accompanied by a remap.

I would be going back to the dealer and asking for some money back at least... Because you have had to inform your insurance of the findings and your premium has gone up.
Might be a stupid question but is there any easy way to find out who was the previous owner?

·
Super Moderator
23,524 Posts
I assume the V5 had the dealership as the previous registered keeper... And with GDPR etc I doubt they would release the information.

It's a bit of a tough one, could always pop the reg up (if you're comfortable) and see if it was someone on here... Or someone recognises it and knows the previous owner.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I assume the V5 had the dealership as the previous registered keeper... And with GDPR etc I doubt they would release the information.

It's a bit of a tough one, could always pop the reg up (if you're comfortable) and see if it was someone on here... Or someone recognises it and knows the previous owner.
Yeah it's in the dealers name. Reg is FV14 BHY if anyone recognises it let me know. Its not a big deal but would be nice to know.

·
Premium Member
ST200, More power incoming :D
1,147 Posts
If your close to a performance shop like Collins, you could call in and ask them to have a look at whats been done?

·
Premium Member
387 Posts
I think all tuners bar mountune raise the rev limit. If you get near to or past 7000rpm, it's been mapped.

·
Premium Member
63 Posts

Just to second this. If you're in a crash, YOU will be held responsible for any undeclared mods, despite being a layperson who doesn't know what they're looking for. The 'experts' at the dealership, however, can overlook such obvious things with impunity. Either get a discount to account for the unexpected insurance hike, or ask them to give it a full once over and revert it back to stock, along with written certification that they've done so - just to cover your own arse.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Blame the dealer, but that's obviously not standard and a Google search could have confirmed that. Besides what's the issue as you are intending on modifying the car and seem a little more knowledgable than you say about that.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Blame the dealer, but thats obviously not standard and a Google search could have confirmed that. Besides whats the issue as you are intending on modifying the car and seem a little more knowledgable than you say about that.
My main issue was the dealer had sold me a car that has been modified and was there any way for me to find out to what extent. I need to declare whatever has been done for my insurance. Which is why the main question I was asking was whether there was any way to find out if the car had been tuned. And when I get round to making my own modifications I'll know what I'll be having done so I can declare everything and get it all fitted at a reputable garage. Overall I just wanted some advice on how to proceed as this is all new territory for me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts