Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ive had a problem with one of my brembos and its caused a leak and ive got brake fluid all up one side of my car!
only noticed this morning when i had a warning message on the dash.

ive washed the car and with it being really hot last few days i think its dried onto the paintwork. Anyone got any ideas on how to remove it before it starts to eat away at the paintwork??

thanks

Neil

·
Registered
128 Posts
ive had a problem with one of my brembos and its caused a leak and ive got brake fluid all up one side of my car!
only noticed this morning when i had a warning message on the dash.

ive washed the car and with it being really hot last few days i think its dried onto the paintwork. Anyone got any ideas on how to remove it before it starts to eat away at the paintwork??

thanks

Neil
BRAKE CLEANER IS THE ONLY THING THAT DESOLVES BRAKE FLUID PROPERLY SO SPRAY IT ALL DOWN WITH THAT THEN WASH WITH SOAPY WATER

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks ill give them a try! been looking for something to try all day. ill let you know how i get on and what i used

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
dont do anything to daft mate. use some degreaser (normally you really shouldnt on your paint) then bug spray. then you might be ok.

hope you sort it out

Dave

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
I've seen a car wrecked because of brake fluid. They even sanded the whole bonnet down and resprayed it. Just for the paint to start bubbling again where the fluid was. End of the day it cost a new bonnet. Hope yours isnt that bad mate.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well my car hasnt started to bubble or anything, i went to see someone yesterday who does detailing and he used this polish stuff and it managaed to get a small patch off but it took him a good 20 minutes to do it. He said that i was very lucky that i have a good layer or polish on other wise it would have ruined my car, he also said its just stained the top layer and all i will have to do is use this stuff to polish it out..... but with it raining atm it will have to wait! i will let you all know how i get on.

also someone said because i have used DOT5.1 it wont react the same as DOT4 brake fluid. i guess im kind of lucky and it could have been alot worse!

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
Good to hear, very happy for you then. Start polishing mate.!!! Post some before and after pics for us please.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts