Fiesta ST Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
450 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about buying my 1st set of buckets for my track st180 , what seats have you guys had past/present ?

Any recommendations?

The car does get used on the road (not very much) so Im after a track seat that isnt horribly uncomfortable

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
I've got OMP in mine... A lot of the seats around the entry price level (£200-300) available from the different manufactures are the same mass produced seat(s), just with differing logos. They're nothing to write home about, but work perfectly fine as a seat and seem comfortable enough. Obviously, there is nothing to stop you going all out on some £1k+ carbon fibre jobby, but I doubt it would make you any faster in a track day toy.

You can pickup an FIA rated seat for around £200 (new), but you'll also need to budget for bases and mounting options.

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
I've got a Cobra Monaco Pro (steel frame seat) and a Cobra Imola Pro GT (GRP shell seat) in my two MK6s - I'm relatively young but have found both perfectly bearable on journeys up to 3 hours long.

The Imola has different seat cushion options which is nice, but if you're bigger or athletic then it is definitely snug in the thigh area even in the larger GT width like I have.

Would recommend both depending on price (£200ish or £500ish), trying some seats out is the best way to know for sure though.

Finally, with regard to seat frames - I have managed to modify standard MK6 rails to fit on both seats (the Cobra is the easier of the two to do).

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Are there any easy "plug and play" ways to defeat the airbag light?

I know a 2.2ohm resistor is required, but usually needs to be soldered in?

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Ive had various seats over the years and never really settled on a set until recently.

Corbeau clubsports are raved about but they were the most unsupportive and flexible seat I've owned.

Sparco are always a good go to Seat as are cobra imola as the sides are a bit lower for daily use.

If you want something with slightly higher sides I would go with a set of magnum motorsport seats. These are my personal favourite at the moment. Really comfy aswell.

·
Premium Member
1,171 Posts
@alex98uk I'm sure someone on here could sort out the soldering, as far as I'm aware there's not a plug and play item at the moment; for mine, I cut the plug off a MK6 seat (doesn't have to be your ST seat, and same applies to MK7) and soldered the resistor into the seat plug off the car - now I can plug this into the main car loom and it will keep the airbag light off, knowing it's soldered in well rather than just sticking a resistor across the pins (which does work but can fall out).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts