Fiesta ST Forums banner

1 - 20 of 273 Posts

·
Registered
335 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a feeling I'm one of the oldest ones here. I'm buying another Fiesta ST and my age is 42.

What's your age?

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
I'm 25 so I'd like to think I still fit in the 'young' category.

However, the MK7 had plenty of *cough* older owners since it was more refined than the MK6, which I don't believe was overly popular with the older generation.

The MK8 is even more refined and therefore I expect the number of older owners to increase as the car now appeals to a wider audience.

As mentioned above, who cares how old you are. Drive what is practical for you and brings you joy when you get in it. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
248 Posts
However, the MK7 had plenty of *cough* older owners since it was more refined than the MK6, which I don't believe was overly popular with the older generation.
This exactly - I turned 30 in April and I'm already starting to curse driving in my Mk6 and seething at every speed bump and uneven road. I give entry level Golfs an envious look as they float past - they are one of those massive arm chairs that helps you stand up. I bet those drivers don't clench their teeth every time they see a slight dip in the road :biggrin:.

Everyone else is spot on. There's a big mix of ages. Too many mature folk look at hot hatches with disgust but they are the ones missing out. We all curse on a Sunday getting stuck behind a 30mph Jag XJ6 on a B road. You'd never get stuck behind a 70 year old in an ST on a B road that's for sure.

·
Registered
283 Posts
42 here.

In my 20s, I had Volvos (my first when I was 21...), Jags and an X5, in my early thirties a BMW 535d, then I bought a new house and needed to free up some cash and started buying hot hatches and wondered why the hell I'd been spending (a) so much cash on (b) such extremely large amounts of metal, and I've had one of each generation of MINI Cooper S since then, and my PCP on this one ends before my birthday next year so I'll need to be in my ST by then, otherwise I've screwed up.

Would have got a Mk 7 ST as I loved it, but it was a touch too crappy inside compared to the Cooper S so I just bought one for the other 'arf instead. Mk 8 feels right, so I have complete confidence going to the blue oval now myself. She has a C-class Coupe company car arriving soon - one of us has got their career trajectory wrong...

·
Registered
86 Posts
And I thought I was old at 47. :biggrin:
Going to enjoy this car. I can keep up with everything on my way to work in my current 1.0 Ecoboost.
The ST will leave all but maybe one Skoda Superb Sportline in the dust. Mostly because I think the driver of that car is slightly insane.. :smile:

1 - 20 of 273 Posts