Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My partner gets her new car in a couple of days. It has a couple of small blemishes and the dealer is going to T-Cut them before she collects the vehicle.

I'm going to clean the car for her when she has it. I got really good results using a clay bar on my ST. Will I be able to use a clay bar on my partner's new car without messing up the T-Cut polish?

Thanks for any advice you can offer

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
When you get the car mate,give it a good wash..then use the clay bar on the car but you will need to polish it after as a minimum...

T-cut is a cutting compound that will take marks out...I use good quality pushes with different amounts of cutting compound for deeper marks or light marks. it does a better job then
T-cut.

It will be fine,car should look much better after.

Lee

G

·
T cut, cuts into the laquer layer reducing swirls. It will be fine to clay bar the car once you bring it home. make sure you seal it with a good wax. i'd recommend autoglym high definition.

Adam

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
T cut, cuts into the laquer layer reducing swirls. It will be fine to clay bar the car once you bring it home. make sure you seal it with a good wax. i'd recommend autoglym high definition.

Adam
Thanks Adam. I've just been out polishing my ST with ... Autoglym High Definition. I find it easier to apply and remove than Mur

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Have a look on cleanyourcar.com

They have all sort of stuff on there.is a real good supplier...you should try poor it black hole is awesome on blue cars..,because it's made with natural products you can use it in the sun plus by hand or machine.I only use dodo juice/poorboys/chemical guys stuff they seem to be the best out there from what detailers are using.

Have a look mate,I always polish wax/seal my car..looks awesome then!

Lee

·
Registered
147 Posts
Just to let you know- after you have clayed the car the blemishes the dealer 'T-Cut out' may re-appear and you may notice some swirl marks, not because you have caused them, but because claying will strip pretty much everything from the paint. The dealer may use a product with a lot of fillers to hide the marks / scratches (nothing wrong with this as its safer than removing paint).

So as long as you follow it up with a polish (if it needs it!) and seal in your efforts it'll be gleaming

1 - 8 of 8 Posts