Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since replacing the clutch on my car, everytime i come to a standstill the car cuts out. Its not stalling it just sorta switches itself off. Quite annoying seeming as every traffic light, roundabout, junction etc etc etc i have to turn it back on.. When i do turn it back on though it will run fine even though im not moving. Does anyone know what this might be?

Cheers, Bill

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
I think I might have an idea:

You will remove the battery to remove the box - doing this will reset the ECU (Someone will correct me if I am chatting
) - i would imagine the ECU's memory it uses to 'learn' would be wiped - the same as re-flashing it. I have had the exact same issue when reflashing the ECU - I personally think the car's ECU will re-adapt and find the cut out point after 50 or so miles like it did with me.

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
I think I might have an idea:

You will remove the battery to remove the box - doing this will reset the ECU (Someone will correct me if I am chatting
) - i would imagine the ECU's memory it uses to 'learn' would be wiped - the same as re-flashing it. I have had the exact same issue when reflashing the ECU - I personally think the car's ECU will re-adapt and find the cut out point after 50 or so miles like it did with me.
More or less bang on. The ECU has whatever map installed on it, but as time goes on, it makes fine adjustments to the map.

Should imagine it will be fine after a few hours or so driving.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts