Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got back to my car to drive home from work today to find a brick through the window.

Steering wheel damaged, arm rest, passenger seat and passenger door card dented. Must have thrown it with some bloody force.

Insurer told me I can leave my keys on the drivers wheel under the arch for recovery to collect it. Fat bloody chance!

Took loads more pictures, any advice on what to do? Going the insurance route as I don't want to begin to imagine the costs getting it done without, nevermind driving it with a hole in it.

Hope all your evenings have gone better than mine.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No CCTV unfortunately.

Thing that's most annoying is the dash cam I've got activates if so much as a light breeze kicks up in the next town, but a brick thrown through the window at mach 3 didn't seem to phase it and no recording was made so I've no idea of the time at all.

Picked up by RAC half an hour ago, no need to leave the keys on the wheel for some chancer after all. I await the call from the insurance in the morning.

Plus side, sympathy day off work from the boss.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Got back to my car to drive home from work today to find a brick through the window.

Steering wheel damaged, arm rest, passenger seat and passenger door card dented. Must have thrown it with some bloody force.

Insurer told me I can leave my keys on the drivers wheel under the arch for recovery to collect it. Fat bloody chance!

Took loads more pictures, any advice on what to do? Going the insurance route as I don't want to begin to imagine the costs getting it done without, nevermind driving it with a hole in it.

Hope all your evenings have gone better than mine.
WTF? That’s not exactly “casual” vandalism…. Total scum (or chronic mental health issues).

·
Registered
67 Posts
thats awful

i remember i saw a golf parked on one of Dublins busiest streets outside the busiest train station, and it was smashed up . A child seat and those children window sun shades clearly visible in the back windows which just makes it seem 10x worse.

so it dosent really matter where you park your car, there is always scum that will do anything.

·
Registered
31 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks everyone. Thinking its likely where I parked it, right at the back of the car park (as per the Ts&Cs to park there monthly, usually max 2 hour stay) and close to the back end of the leisure center.

Some jealous ******* I can only imagine.

Might just leave it at home and get the bloody bus!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts