Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
after buying my st at start of the month bean well paranoid about people stealing the centre caps. seen as they arent bolted in our any thing. so i was driving home after work last week got home went out to car and one centre cap is missing after notcing this went crazy thinking some dirty little chav had stole it then on the way to cinema the same night look what i found on the roundabout

·
Registered
41 Posts
after buying my st at start of the month bean well paranoid about people stealing the centre caps. seen as they arent bolted in our any thing. so i was driving home after work last week got home went out to car and one centre cap is missing after notcing this went crazy thinking some dirty little chav had stole it then on the way to cinema the same night look what i found on the roundabout
Nice stroke of luck, lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah pretty lucky i guess but i still had to buy a new as u can see from the pic looked everyone in sheffield decided to run it over lol
dose any one know a way to keep them on i know this stupid question lol

Attachments

·
Registered
683 Posts
I`v read some people use clear silicon to keep them on but after loosing 5 over a two year period what I used was some sticky Velcro patches, since then I haven't lost any !!! I think the other half got them from an upholstery shop. Heres a pic of them..

Attachments

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I`v read some people use clear silicon to keep them on but after loosing 5 over a two year period what I used was some sticky Velcro patches, since then I haven't lost any !!! I think the other half got them from an upholstery shop. Heres a pic of them..
thats a well good idea i will have to invest in some velcro.

·
Registered
683 Posts
thats a well good idea i will have to invest in some velcro.

[/quote]

No worries mate, glad to help...

·
Registered
681 Posts
A dot of translucent (clear to you) silicon sealant of 4 of the tabs before re-fitting the caps holds them on perfectly.

Since doing this I've NEVER lost a cap - I don't believe half of the stolen stories. The things basically fly off everytime you go over a bump, a pothole, or go around a roundabout a little energetically. The Ford design on these things sucks basically.

This is what you want:
http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=110&storeId=10151&partNumber=289058&Trail=searchtext>SILICON+SEALANT

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I never had a problem in three years of running with these. I did some tests to see, and found that if you fail to line up the arc in the plastic moulding with the scallop in the alloy wheel, then the covers come off easily.

·
Registered
219 Posts
any ideas how to romove the fake hex bolt from the other part of the centrecap if possible? as ive bent all the clips straight and still no joy seems very flimsy aswell???

1 - 13 of 13 Posts