Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Got some little kit off AliExpress, after seeing some guy clean his on YouTube.

Tried it on my mates golf, really helped with the spray pattern had to do a slow mo video to appreciate how it went from clogged to mist.

Just the main cost of this is looking to replace the bottom and top seals, which is £30 from Bosch - being told just get some same size o-rings, but I don't think they will cut it.

As I don't think anyone has talked about a leaky injector, but while they are out, it's a case of just fit and forget as it's had about 450+ tanks of fuel through it, and the premium fuels can only do so much, until you get some carb cleaner shooting out for a few seconds on a very high PSI.

Just debating to seal or not to seal.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I tested and batched mine to try and get them uniform across all 4 cylinders. I found one in the stock four that I had to swap.

What kit did you use?

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
So ended up not using the kit, as found it hard to get the injectors out at the time, but did work on my friends golf.

Decided, to get some spare injectors and get them sent off to injectortune and posted back.

Those one had 100k miles and to be fair was they was not too bad, on the report. Mine doing 50% more. My car smelt rich and the mpg is not the best. Hence thinking some serviced injectors would be an ideal acquisition.

Having them fitted the old ones look okay'ish from the outside two o rings came off.

Added the new injectors and reconnected the battery.

Wow! Lighter driving is more easy and when reving in the later rpm range just so much more linear power! Worth the money!! And hopefully I do get some mpg back!

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
1 - 8 of 8 Posts