Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok before I begin I want to make 100% clear to everyone that this isnt me having a go at the club, the forum, the members etc this is just a thought that I debated over with myself over and over. In the end however i decided to put it up anyways to see what people think. Im saying this due to a recent topic post that another member put up and ended up in a full blown arguement and ended up being locked by the staff.

I love this club and have really enjoyed my stay here, I hope to make plenty of friends via this forum and also learn more about my car, how to improve and what i can do to fix it heaven forbid it may go wrong.

Ok the issue:

With Ford Fair on the horizon and the final date to book tickets to park on the club stand coming to a close just around the corner, I've found members on here buying their tickets via other forums and parking on their stand.

Some reasons why include:

- People are more friendly to be with on the other forums
- People make more of an effort to talk and meet with people they dont know
- They are a closer community and are inclusive of others and do not stay in their groups
- They are more organised
- They treat people more equally

Personally I dont think this is good for the club if people are thinking this and are going elsewhere.

I know there isnt anything directly that can be done about this but I hope we all can pull together as a group more, perhaps do more meets, convoys, treat the new ones better and at meets do our best to speak to many different people or at least say hi maybe try to include people that have come alone into your group.

This is again just something I've thought about and have gathered from others. This is not a rant or a dig!!!!!

Thanks

Lloydy

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
There ar cliques in general, it's going to happen wherever you go but i've found the region i'm in (L & SE) has been very welcoming to all. Have you been to any L&SE meets?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I have, I've found the forum and L&SE to be amazing

Like I said this is what I've been told from others, just posted it up to make people aware

·
Premium Member
2,663 Posts
Well, I've bought my Ford Fair ticket and my car will be supporting the Fiesta SToc stand all the way

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool thats what i like to see

I know im gonna try to meet else one on the stand

Ditto Westy getting mine too

·
Registered
5,779 Posts
Lloydy - Its really commendable that you have so much enthusiasm for the club considering the short amount of time you have been associated with it

L&SE is the biggest area it always has and will be to be honest, even if to people just turn up for a meet then a meet has taken place,just post it up in the area form so others can see and maybe join in later dates . There is no need to just go to the area meets that the area reps set up.

With regards to club members making friends etc , there is always going to be clicks etc that is only human nature,but generaly i think that most people get on - on here to be fare,and it has always been said you only get out of what you are prepared to put in.

The is always looking to go forward so any ideas etc that you feel would benifit the club and its members then as always post up or PM and we can look at it .

With reegards to members and there cars not on the club stand , it is known that some members who have had projects with some companies show there cars on there stands , if its just members not wishing to be on our club stand then perhaps we need to ask why ?

With regards to Ford Fair last year we won the best stand and we also had one of the largest number of members , this year we have beaten that so onwards and upwards for us.

It really is commendable that you also want to push the club forward so thank you for taking the time to post this topic up

GrandadST

·
Founder (retired)
4,217 Posts
Hi Lloyd,

Thanks for making the post.

There is no arguing if you've heard some people say the above things, then obviously that's how a minority of people feel about the club.

There is also no doubting the existing club members play a very important role in the Club's reputation and initial perception... we enforce fairly strict club rules as a measure to try and control the sort of people / content that appears within the forums... BUT... how do I, the staff or anyone else control someone's rude, unfriendly or disrespectful posting style? (unless they are reported to us and then we'll look at warning or banning them).

The other thing to remember:

Some people don't like one model clubs, they prefer to be involved with a multi model club... afraid we will be remaining as we are.

Some people don't like big clubs (we're big in terms of one model clubs)

Some people hate the fact we offer a membership scheme, out of principle will not be part of the club

Some people like to go out of their way to flame the club, be it they've been banned, are a support of another club or just plain bored.

You will ALWAYS find / see / hear people who moan over people who compliment... I guarantee the moaners are a minority.

So when you factor those things, I would put the majority of the negativity down to those factors... where I do want to sort out any issues, if there are any, is with that small percentage of people who join and due to a bad experience, say an unwelcoming comment, leave the club and never come back.

Now I've said it for years having seen many clubs go from the best to not so great... the Fiesta ST is seven years old... and no longer produced... when the new one comes out, there will be a wave of new comers... I guess that will be the telling times.

We've sold about 85 stand tickets for Ford Fair this year, our best yet... some people won't want to be on the stand because of its size, they don't want their ST lost in the masses and would prefer for it to be seen more on a smaller stand... I certainly have no issues with that.

We sell more membership each week than ever before.

We're slowly getting Sponsors back on board after a quiet spell.

I'd be interested, having seen this comment made a few times now, as to how someone else is more 'organised'... I know that comment isn't yours to answer... so if anyone else can give me examples I'd love to know.

I'm afraid to say of some of the reasons you've heard... 4 of the 5 are actually down to you as members... I provide the place to come to, the facilities to use and ask that when you do, its used in a polite, respectful and friendly manner... if people aren't how do we as a community start to weed those people out? Report them to staff and show us support when banning them... rather than being told we're heavy handed or in some cases 'hitlers'.

We'll quire often have a complaint from someone because they've been warned for 'having a laugh with a mate, wasn't meant to be offensive' etc but, what if one of the new comers saw those comments and is one of these people that's left the club with a bad taste in their mouth.

·
Registered
1,138 Posts
I have been associated with this club for 2 and 1/2 years and have to say from a forum point of view I find most people to be very helpful on here - ex owners included.
there are a lot with dry sense of humour s (me included) that can sometimes be taken the wrong way when I read it back, but that will happen with the written word.

this is normally the cause of dis agreements on the forums.

As for meets - the northwest does seem to be quite poor for meets i guess as a consequence of it being so large and we are so poor we cant afford petrol ! (there I go again)

however on the meets I have attended there is no shortage of people willing to speak to me about the car. And at the FITP I will be making a bigger effort next year to introduce myself and be a little more pushy to meet people. I saw lots of groups who know each other already hanging around the cars but with a mentality of I am not talking to them cause they are not talking to me - I was as guilty of this as anyone.

I think we need to make more of a community effort here as members to get together with new members rather than stick with ones we know. this makes it more fun in the long run in these forums.

Jim and staff do a great job in providing a platform for us which imo is better than most car clubs, but we need to build on that as member s to get involved and make the effort to meet up and introduce ourselves. Not everyone will get on - that is human nature - however we have a fighting chance as we do all share at least 1 common interest.

just cause we dont a have a beer inside us like in a pub or club should not deter this ..

anyways - on a lighter note - ones i have met have been great

shout out to
corsa#####(forgot his number)
johnston
Steve
Rozonnus
Overlag

and Jim and amanda I met in the staff tent at FITP.

thanks
Chris

·
Registered
340 Posts
Yeah Chris likewise mate. We need to do more in the NW region as we dont have an appointed rep. Also look to get Steve involved as he is in a bad area for West mids.

I am registered to other forums but I will be representing STOC as it's great to be part of such a well turned out club.

Looking forward to ford fair if there are more members this time.

Matt (Goatlamb) has done a great job of organising our forum only track session, maybe it would be good to advertise the fact somehow to further promote the club.

There can be no excuse for the recent unprovoked outbust mentioned.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Would like to thank the Staff for getting back to me on this as well as the members who have taken their time to read this and offer their experiences.

Thanks GrandadST I really hope to help this club out in anyway possible from technical advice and events planning to making suggestions and ofc paying my membership lol, I love my car, I love the people Ive meet on here and hope the longer time I spend on here the more I can do.

I have never had an issue with the club personally however clearly some I have spoken to have. I don't see what there is to moan about and like GrandadST said its what your prepared to put in and perhaps its more that they havent made any effort to speak to new people and felt lonely at meets, just a thought.

Yes I agree that perhaps us as members need to be more inclusive and friendly to the new ones at the start to get them settled. I have to admit im keen to meet new people and get more and more involved in this club so fingers crossed that people can feel welcome and a part of something enjoyable that'll keep them coming back.

I appreciate people have different tastes and wishes so going to other clubs for them reasons isnt really a club issue just choice but would really like to see FiestaSTOC.com stickers on the FordSTOC.com stand.

Unfortunately 4/5 reasons i actually remembered and posted are people issues only 1/5 is a club issue.

Im not gonna take this as an insult on us, hopefully people are aware and we can continue moving strength to strength with the forum and never know when the new fiesta st comes out have more and more people coming to our stand.

I think we will win again this year, 85 tickets amazing
Must be doing something right.

Thanks for everyone reading and dont get disheartened by this

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There can be no excuse for the recent unprovoked outbust mentioned.
This with reference to me?
[/quote]

No not at all i meant the one that lead to the dismissal.

Ryan
[/quote]

No wrys mate. Its a same tbh our members are not happy with the forum sure its just them being silly though rather than actually any issues with the forum.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts