Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My clutch died last night (in central london no stopping zone) so I shall be ordering my new one tonight, going for a 4 paddle and the hydraulic release bearing but was wondering if i should replace the flywheel aswell?

Cheers

Bill

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Use the extra pennies on a 6-paddle jobbie - you will not like the 4-paddle during normal driving

·
Registered
1,562 Posts
Use the extra pennies on a 6-paddle jobbie - you will not like the 4-paddle during normal driving
Four paddles fine for normal driving! Just slightly stiffer than std, but you soon get used to it, and no problems carrying out any clutch control manouvers such as hill starts, parkiing etc.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The clutch that has just gone was a stage 2 organic clutch. Didn't last very long, slipped as soon as the turbo kicked in :(

Ive seen pumaspeed do a resonably priced 5 paddle.. Would that be any good? The clutch I found is a 4 paddle for £345 with the slave cylinder plus there is a guarantee of if the clutch EVER goes again they replace the full kit for £70 :D

·
Registered
1,823 Posts
The clutch that has just gone was a stage 2 organic clutch. Didn't last very long, slipped as soon as the turbo kicked in :(

Ive seen pumaspeed do a resonably priced 5 paddle.. Would that be any good? The clutch I found is a 4 paddle for £345 with the slave cylinder plus there is a guarantee of if the clutch EVER goes again they replace the full kit for £70 :D
where's this?

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
As above ^ Where's that from..?

TBH that to me sound's like It MAY give up and they know that hence why they'll change It cheap..?Doesn't say alot for the product (IMO)

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Nationwide clutches/ Techniclutch. Basically you tell them what you want and they just quote you, I got my slave cylinder for free basically.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts