Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i was driving down the road and went to stop at some lights put the clutch down and it wouldnt dis engage but the peddle would go down, so the car stalled when it stopped, kept it in first gear and started it up and it kind of bump started itself to go and when i build up speed to changed gear but it wasnt crunching into the gears .

anyway took it to for as i only had it 3 months tomorrow and under there 3month/3k miles warrenty and apprently i covered 3250 miles so they want 325 quid to take the gearbox out to look at it close to which it said no thanks (bunch of *********)

so any ideas on what it could b and cheapest place for parts thanks

·
Registered
432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
got a guy to replace both for 80 quid just need to supply the parts ford do it for 240quid for both any1 no where its cheaper trying to save a few pennys lol

thats my cam money oot the window now :(

·
Registered
84 Posts
you do realise the cheaper you go the worse the parts will be that price from ford is for a recon clutch a local motor factors should be able to do a brand new clutch with slave for about 290 in luk or valeo best make.

·
Registered
84 Posts
ford do both a recon one and a new one, i got a quote off them when mine did the same but it was cheaper to get a luk from my local motor factors cause its the same clutch as the ford but with out the badge or price tag. but i did get mine at trade cause i work as a mechanic

·
Registered
151 Posts
For some advice, I had the slave go, did the clutch while I was in there and now my master is failing... Got it in today to get that sorted.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Exact same thing happened to me 3 weeks ago, replace both with a 4 paddle clutch and slave cylinder. Got them both for £345 which was a bargain from nationwide clutches/ techniclutch. Number is 0800 083 4142.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts