Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Hello all, it has taken me a while but I have finally got round to getting some pictures together and making a project thread.

I guess the best place to start is at the beginning. At the end of March 2006 my ST was delivered to me.

Car Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle Tire

Later that summer I was run off the road by some idiot and I damaged two of the standard alloy wheels so I ended up getting a set of Konig E-Racers from diecast. They were sweet wheels but the car was jacked up like a 4x4.

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Car Vehicle

After that it all went quiet for 3 years. I was living in Coventry and my car was being vandalised on a regular basis so most of the time was spent keeping it repaired rather than doing anything special with it. I then moved to Leamington Spa and got myself a driveway to keep the ST out of harm's way.

In March 2010 I needed a new set of tyres for the Konigs, I figured it was as good a time as any to get some new wheels so I settled on a set of Gloss Black Team Dynamics Pro Race 3s. I know they are not the most inspired choice but I love the look and they are lightweight and easy to keep clean.

The car looked great but I wanted more so I booked the car in for the Stage 1 kit and Coilovers at Mountune HQ. Wow! what a difference, the car really started to feel alive. Pretty soon however I knew that I wanted even more.

In December 2010 I took the car back down to Mountune HQ for the Stage 2 kit, a set of Recaros and their Brake Upgrade which is where the car is in its current state.

At the end of May, I took the car to the bodyshop to get the bonnet resprayed and the last of the signs of the ST's life in Coventry removed so now I feel it is good enough to show in a project thread.

Here is the current spec list:
Mountune Performance Stage 2
Mountune KW Coilover Kit
Mountune Brake Upgrade (Braided hoses & Ferodo Pads)
Mountune HT Leads
Recaro Sportster CS
Delock bezel on drivers door
LED Numberplate Lights
Private Pressed Plates
Philips Blue Vision Headlights & Sidelights
JVC KW-AVX640 Headunit
Rockford Fosgate Punch 100a Amp and 12inch Subwoofer
Full paint correction detail
OMP Strut Brace
Mountune Floor mats
Mountune Stage 3
Mountune Racing Carbon Airbox
Mountune PAS cooling kit

Wheel Tire Sky Car Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Sky Vehicle Cloud
Car Grille Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design
Automotive tire Tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Bottle
Rectangle Font Signage Bumper Graphics
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Automotive exterior Bumper
Vehicle Automotive tire Car Motor vehicle Steering part
Motor vehicle Font Automotive design Automotive exterior Automotive lighting

Plans for the future are:
Mountune big brake upgrade (if they do it)

Thanks for taking the time to look. All comments are welcome

Attachments

·
Registered
2,683 Posts
This is a stunning example of a Colorado Red ST

Nice mods you have got on.

Paint work looks stunning also.

Look forward to future mods for this.

Westy

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
was good to meet you at fitp Cole, top class example of an ST

gona be good to see it round the track at fordfair

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the kind words all. I'm looking forward to seeing how it runs on track at Ford Fair.

Craig, you are right but those wheels did look really good on Diecast's ST. They are 18's and they had been modified to fit under the ST's arches. Not great for handling but they looked pimp on a lowered Panther Black ST.

Will keep you posted with updates as they get fitted.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
reaaallllly nice example you got, love the wheels and good pics to.
Thanks mate, much appreciated!

Minor update: Today I fitted some Philips Blue Vision Ultra Headlights and Sidelights. I haven't seen them in the dark yet but they seem pretty decent so far. I think I'll do the fogs next

·
Registered
189 Posts
After fitting the AUX input and using my iPod a lot more in the car I came to the conclusion that I was going to die if I continued to try and navigate the thing while driving. I decided it was time to get a new headunit.

After a bit of research I decided on the JVC-AVX640 as it is a Double Din with a removeable faceplate.
Automotive design Radio Motor vehicle Car Satellite radio
(I've sorted the background now so the logos are in the right place)

I figured that I should fit my old Amp and Sub from back in 1999 while I was at it.
Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
(its a bit rough and ready but I figure it would be more use than it was sitting around the house)

In other news I took the car to Prescott Hill Climb course on Sunday and gave it 20 runs up the hill. Its the first time I have driven the ST on a closed course with Marshall support and the track itself is fantastic fun.

It has however got me thinking about some further mods.
- A Power Steering relocation kit with an additional oil cooler as my fluid had boiled over after the first 6 runs.
- An OMP strut brace on the front
- Possibly a Whiteline 24mm sway bar on the back

I'm still waiting on MT Stage 3, shouldn't be too long now

Attachments

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
spot on cole, even before the paint correction at FITP it looked wicked.

dont really know what all the stuff in the boot is though, must be my hair

you'll have good times on track im sure

Dave

·
Registered
3,869 Posts
not into audio mods but wicked news on the hill climb

how much was it if you dont mind me asking? get any pics from it?

·
Registered
189 Posts
not into audio mods but wicked news on the hill climb

how much was it if you dont mind me asking? get any pics from it?
I'm getting my mate to send me a video from his phone and I'll share it up as soon as possible. I'm getting a proper on board cam for Ford Fair though.
There were some professional looking photographers at Prescott so I'm trying to find out where they post their pictures. I'm sure they will charge extortionate amounts but there should be one or two worth purchasing.
In terms of cost it was £10 for 6 runs up the hill. But you need to be a member of the Bugatti owners club. I think that is about £80.

Edit: Here are the videos from that run:

1 - 20 of 64 Posts