Fiesta ST Forums banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
180ish ??? haha

Where you got that number from?
My mistake - I was forgetting 6500 redline in standard form. It's just over 170.

OP - some/a lot of people moan about the ride on pre-revision models. I've not driven one so can't comment on those, but my 2016 was just fine.
I went from an ST to a 140 - the BMW is proper quick once mapped but the Fiesta is way, way more fun.

·
Premium Member
Fiesta ST200 mk7 Stage 3+ Build
821 Posts
Thanks all for your comments. I generally do between 20-30 miles per day, my commute consists of carriageways and town driving I'd say 50/50 mix, with traffic on the way home. So with regards to my comment about it being a good daily driver, I am just wanting somthing that is a little more comfortable than the Z4 and perhaps "easier" to drive around town, in traffic and in urban areas when I am not hooning it on the B roads (not that the Z4 is hard to drive, it just requires a bit more effort especially with the heavier steering and long front if that makes sense) The Z4 ride is very very harsh on bumpy roads too.

I can't think of any other cars apart from the ST (with a stage 2) that tick all the boxes and going by the comments on here seem to confirm this so it looks like I'll be test driving a few soon!
Let us know how you get on :) - I’m sure you’ll find it completely different but should be fun 😀

I should have said, I find the fiesta comfortable as well as fun; speaking of an ST3 trim point of view it’s got height adjustable heated seats, climate, auto wipers/lights, heated windscreen, nav and various other nice to haves. (Some later models May have a reverse camera too)

Out of all other cars I’ve owned in the ‘sport’ hatch back range the fiesta is the comfiest and most fun of the bunch when going on a long trip or commutes.

Here’s a photo from earlier.. just because I have to take photos every time I see it on the walk back 😂
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Car Vehicle

My mistake - I was forgetting 6500 redline in standard form. It's just over 170.

OP - some/a lot of people moan about the ride on pre-revision models. I've not driven one so can't comment on those, but my 2016 was just fine.
I went from an ST to a 140 - the BMW is proper quick once mapped but the Fiesta is way, way more fun.
Completely agree the bmw is ridiculous once mapped, silly speeds quickly, Although I got bored pretty quick.

I found I needed wider wheels/tyres once I went to stage 1 in the 140, that combined with ps4 tyres it sticks to the road very well 🙌🏻 Although to enjoy it I needed to add the spoiler, diffuser and an exhaust system (PPF model) which isn’t cheap on a BM 😂

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Premium Member
86 Posts
Completely agree the bmw is ridiculous once mapped, silly speeds quickly, Although I got bored pretty quick.

I found I needed wider wheels/tyres once I went to stage 1 in the 140, that combined with ps4 tyres it sticks to the road very well 🙌🏻 Although to enjoy it I needed to add the spoiler, diffuser and an exhaust system (PPF model) which isn’t cheap on a BM 😂

View attachment 584187
Mine is mapped, plus Birds suspension and limited slip diff - it's made it a cracking car but honestly, away from quick roads the Fiesta is the more entertaining steer.

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
I had an E86 Z4 coupe before my ST. Loved that car more than my others. But it was expensive to own and run, so I looked around and one day saw my ST sat at a local ford dealership. A quick chat and a test drive and the deal was done. I do miss the coupe, but i dont miss the expense it came with. The fez is a hoot to drive on A and B roads and is so much cheaper to own and run over the Z.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts