Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys just to see if anybody can help my car is drinking coolent like mad just to see if anybody knows whats goin on filled it up the other day there and its half empty again cant see any leaks :/

cheers david

·
Registered
5,281 Posts
if it's 'milky' or 'mayonnaise' then that points to a head gasket failure, where coolant leaks in to the engine, very expensive to fix as lots of labour involved in replacing the gasket

sounding like a gasket failure if you're not noticing any external leaks... if there's no 'milkyness' then it's worth checking around the pump area for leaks, and possibly replacing the header tank cap as they sometimes fail

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if it's 'milky' or 'mayonnaise' then that points to a head gasket failure, where coolant leaks in to the engine, very expensive to fix as lots of labour involved in replacing the gasket

sounding like a gasket failure if you're not noticing any external leaks... if there's no 'milkyness' then it's worth checking around the pump area for leaks, and possibly replacing the header tank cap as they sometimes fail
i did notice abit of fluid round the top of the cap the other night there when i filled it up hopefully its just that and nothing to serious i'll check the oil when i get home later

·
"Fifi LaRoo"
12,307 Posts
My ST suffered with the same mystery leak, no gunk on the caps etc and I even popped her on a sheet of cardboard to see where a leak might be coming from and nothing transpired.. I filled the tank one day and by the next it was almost completely empty & after a visit to Ford it turned out the bottom radiator hose had a crack in it. Thankfully nice and simple and relatively cheap to fix

·
Registered
190 Posts
Sorry to revive an old thread but my car hasn't been driven for 2 months because of the gear box blowing, just popped the engine and I've noticed the coolant has gone milky, like strawberry milkshake. I know the water pump is leaking could this have caused the discolartion, oil caps look fine etc just seems odd

1 - 7 of 7 Posts