Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well just looking for opinions here whether to buy the cosworth inlet.

At the moment i have a full milltek system(decat), k+n induction kit and 60mm throttle body. I have cosworth cams here and waiting to get fitted and then get my car live mapped, wanting to know if i would be worth waiting another month and buying the inlet and having it all fitted and mapped the next again month but i dont really want to spend all the extra money for the inlet if im not going to get a good gain in performance. So just really wanting to know what the inlet does and the gains with a live map and cams would be and if the inlet is worth it without the supercharger?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
Hi mate

The Cosworth inlet is needed for 200bhp,with out the inlet you will see around 185-190bhp so if you want that extra 10bhp and the sound of throttle bodies then you need one!

They sound awesome!

If you get one,wait and have the cams fitted and the inlet fitted then you can get a re map to make the most of thoughs mods

Lee

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
What Lee said, have the cams and inlet fitted at the same time, That way you only have to pay for one map. Get an under drive pulley kit as well.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi mate

The Cosworth inlet is needed for 200bhp,with out the inlet you will see around 185-190bhp so if you want that extra 10bhp and the sound of throttle bodies then you need one!

They sound awesome!

If you get one,wait and have the cams fitted and the inlet fitted then you can get a re map to make the most of thoughs mods

Lee
Im not really chasing figures i just want it faster ha, my plan is to save up for a supercharger but if the inlet doesnt really make a difference without it then i will just put the money from it towards the s/c. So its just really the noise and revs higher that the inlet does?

Never heard of the underdrive pulley before but sounds like a decent peice of kit ha??

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
You will lose a bit of bottom end torque with the inlet, but the pulley kit will negate that. If you are going S/C later, I will def put the inlet on.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
I've got the inlet and supercharged so if you got any questions just gimme a pm mate.

It's worth it if you supercharge your car but if you want 300bhp+ you need a inlet.

They go well with 190bhp so that's just cams and a map but you will need another remap when you supercharge.but they drive fine with no inlet supercharged I had the standard one for 11months after supercharging.I made 306hp with the stock inlet.

Then I bolted the Cosworth inlet with a few bits and have 333bhp.

You don't NEED it but it all depends on what route your going.

Lee

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
I have just fitted one of these and I would go as far to say It's THE BEST MOD I have ever fitted to all my car's.
It's worth one just for the noise
And as for losing Torque,I can honestly say I can barely notice any loss.

Once you hit around 3K then you can here the Inlet starting to suck In the air and feel It pull harder,Once you hit 6K all hell break's loose!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I have just fitted one of these and I would go as far to say It's THE BEST MOD I have ever fitted to all my car's.

Once you hit around 3K then you canm here the Inlet starting to suck In the air and feel It pull harder,Once you hit 6K all hell break's loose!
LOL u got any vids at all? mines still sat on my floor need one more part then on my way to jamsport:)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Once you hit around 3K then you canm here the Inlet starting to suck In the air and feel It pull harder,Once you hit 6K all hell break's loose!
awww ok mate, is it a must to do the internals once you s/c it? just wanting it to go as best as it can without the supercharger but not wanting to spend the extra on the inlet if its only making a tiny difference.

but then again i think that craig has maybe just sold it to me ha

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
It's not a must do. A lot of guys are running stock internals. If youu are going to look at getting large numbers, then do the internals.

·
Registered
2,598 Posts
These pulley kits were fitted bby a few guys but some breakages were reported and the lost favour in the community. CFM have since redisgned them and made them a lot stronger. They are very popular in Australia and the USA. Nearly every Duratec there gets this mod done.

·
Registered
4,513 Posts
You don't need to uprate your internals to supercharge.I hade been running mine for 1yr 5months on a standard engine with just bolt ons like...

Cosworth cams
Cosworth inlet
60mm tb
Big bore miltek exhaust Inc manifold
Stage 2.5 supercharger,with smaller pulley for more mid range power.

It's been fine I've run I've 300bhp that whole time fine.

I look after my car with plenty if oil changes etc so that's what makes them last.

Lee

1 - 20 of 29 Posts