Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Iam going to take the plung and get a cosworth inlet very soon and just wanted to know if i got one and fitted it will the car run ok without a map, i have got cams, 60mm TB, full exhaust inc manifold, kv85 leads, k&n 57i kit and it has been live mapped at jamsport. I know to get the best out of the inlet it will need mapping but as you can understand its alot of money all at once.
So has anyone fitted one and run the car without mapping it or does any one know if it would be ok, because i have had the fueling and afr set up i think it should be ok but didn't want to get one fit it only to find out the car will not run
Thanks for any help
Ben

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it will run but not very well would need another map to get it running at its best.
I do want to map it again once it is fitted but will have to save up to get the cash, so i am just trying to make sure that for the 2 months from getting the inlet fitted to been able to map it, it will run ok and wont do any damage to the car/engine. it will be getting mappe to get the best out of it but it is 425 or there abouts that i will not have at the time of getting the inlet and pas relocation kit.

·
Registered
808 Posts
To be honest it will run fine mate, put a big inlet on my mg and it just took a short while for the ecu to adapt, you only need to map the car so you can get a better air fuel mixture which in turn gets you the extra hp, won't do any damage, mite not idle well for a while until it does adapt.

Jamie

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i would have the money just incase it went really wrong and wouldn't run right at all but i wouldn't want to skint my self when i could just wait 2 months and then get it mapped thats all. iam just thinking it is kind of the same as if you just a 60mm tb and a k&n induction kit on a st with a standard map (or maybe i am wrong), to get the best of of the k&n and60mm tb you would have to have it mapped but the car would still run find with out the map doing.
The inlet is just like the induction kit in theory as in it will allow more air in than the standard item, my car hs been set up with all the other mods on it and there for should readjust the air and fuel mix as thats what the lamber sensor tell the ecu to do?
plus a st will run on the standard map with cams but to get the best out of it it need fine tunning?
any help and advice appreciated and please tell me if i am wrong
ben

·
Registered
808 Posts
you pretty much hit the nail on the head, like i said before it will run fine but you wont get the extra hp boost without the map.

Jamie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts