Fiesta ST Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gents,

Hope you have had a great Christmas. Interested in the CP2 iFlash device, particularly with it being on sale!

Just wondered if you are able to swap in the stock software as and when you want and change back to the CP2? Just thinking about servicing and things.

Thanks,

Ben.

· Registered
1,648 Posts
Hi Gents,
Hope you have had a great Christmas. Interested in the CP2 iFlash device, particularly with it being on sale!
Just wondered if you are able to swap in the stock software as and when you want and change back to the CP2? Just thinking about servicing and things.
Thanks,
Ben.
You don't need to take it off for servicing.

· Registered
349 Posts
You don't need to take it off for servicing.
Especially if you've got a fake OBD port as Ford won't mess around trying to get it working to do anything with your car.

I'm going for a factory installed map from collins in the New Year - although one of the reasons is I don't have a windows laptop to install it myself as it doesn't seem to work with OSX.

· Registered
18 Posts
Hi guys, there are a few threads on induction hoses, but I am still undecided. I have the cp2 map and K&N panel filter. Currently, I am looking at Ramair induction hose. Will it make a difference to the car (both perormance and sound-wise)?

· Vendor
383 Posts
Hi Gents,

Thanks,

Ben.
Hi Ben - Did you get sorted during the offer period?

· Registered
80 Posts
I ran some 3rd gear pulls against a manual Polo GTI before and after the CP2 software (only).

Before the GTI would pull away very slowly and then a bit more once the revs got high and the ST ran out of breath.

Now after the software the ST pulls very slowly away from the GTI but then in the higher revs the GTI seems to keep up

· Registered
1,612 Posts
I ran some 3rd gear pulls against a manual Polo GTI before and after the CP2 software (only).

Before the GTI would pull away very slowly and then a bit more once the revs got high and the ST ran out of breath.

Now after the software the ST pulls very slowly away from the GTI but then in the higher revs the GTI seems to keep up
Hmmm, so hardly night and day like people make out, cant make my mind up whether to go for it or not, i want it to go a lot quicker, currently mp215.

After looking at the polo gti specs how did it ever pull away from the st? 189bhp and 1220kg??

· Registered
2,675 Posts
Hmmm, so hardly night and day like people make out, cant make my mind up whether to go for it or not, i want it to go a lot quicker, currently mp215.

After looking at the polo gti specs how did it ever pull away from the st? 189bhp and 1220kg??
Thing is, I don't have the CP2 map but my understanding is that a lot of the difference is in the way it delivers power, especially in lower gears that are torque limited at stock.

So, you get a slight bump in raw bhp, but it's more about the way you feel it.

If you're purely going for big power, I would say there's no point going from MP215 to CP2... you might gain 10bhp-15bhp at most. Better to save that cash and look at the upgraded turbo packages.

· Registered
1,612 Posts
Thing is, I don't have the CP2 map but my understanding is that a lot of the difference is in the way it delivers power, especially in lower gears that are torque limited at stock.

So, you get a slight bump in raw bhp, but it's more about the way you feel it.

If you're purely going for big power, I would say there's no point going from MP215 to CP2... you might gain 10bhp-15bhp at most. Better to save that cash and look at the upgraded turbo packages.
In my eyes if it feels a lot quicker it should be a lot quicker as its clearly ab increase in torque which is driving the feel.

· Registered
80 Posts
@alex98uk @Stdriver65 Alex is right - it is night and day with regards to how the car feels from stock. The facelift Polo GTIs are quick, and really get going at high revs in comparison to the ST so I wouldn't let my description knock you.

The ST has so much torque down low and its that which gives me driving pleasure shifting through the gears and riding that torque wave. With CP software that wave is even better, and on that basis its worth every penny I paid. I will rarely take the car to the redline, it just adds stress and uses lots of fuel.

I didn't bother with Mountune for the 2 years I've had my ST for the simple reason that some people reported it made a difference and some did not. It clearly wasn't worth the price tag.

· Registered
1,612 Posts
@alex98uk @Stdriver65 Alex is right - it is night and day with regards to how the car feels from stock. The facelift Polo GTIs are quick, and really get going at high revs in comparison to the ST so I wouldn't let my description knock you.

The ST has so much torque down low and its that which gives me driving pleasure shifting through the gears and riding that torque wave. With CP software that wave is even better, and on that basis its worth every penny I paid. I will rarely take the car to the redline, it just adds stress and uses lots of fuel.

I didn't bother with Mountune for the 2 years I've had my ST for the simple reason that some people reported it made a difference and some did not. It clearly wasn't worth the price tag.
I understand the concept of it becoming more powerful lower down. The concept im struggling with is how can a approximately 230bhp fiesta st that weighs 1150 kg max, not pull away quickly from a 189bhp polo gti that weighs 1220kg and does 0-60 in 6.7?

· Super Moderator
30,745 Posts
0-60 times are irrelevant when it comes to in gear acceleration.

There is far more to a cars actual performance than what is on paper, power to weight wise.

Gear ratios...torque curve...tyres...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.